bruise easily?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by victoria, Sep 29, 2002.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

Does anyone else have problems with bruising easily? What happens to me is if I bump myself, it may not hurt that badly or very long so I forget about it, but then I have a bruise later and usually can't even remember why. Just wondering if this is also a feature of CFS (my major problem) or fibro...
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

Does anyone else have problems with bruising easily? What happens to me is if I bump myself, it may not hurt that badly or very long so I forget about it, but then I have a bruise later and usually can't even remember why. Just wondering if this is also a feature of CFS (my major problem) or fibro...
  3. domesticgoddess

domesticgoddess New Member

O Victoria

My husband teases me because all he has to do give me a gentle squeeze and I have bruises on my arms. I've always got at least 3 to 5 bruises somewhere.

I've never really thought about it having something to do with CFS or Fibro.

Anybody researched this or had their doctor explain it to them?

Gentleness
  4. Daphne

Daphne New Member

I also bruise very easily. I suspect that it is some form of connective tissue dysfunction. They have found that people with Ehlers Danlos Syndrome have a higher incidence of CFS........so it makes one wonder if there is some sort of mild EDS involvement in most people with CFS.
  5. Thella

Thella New Member

Many people with fibro bruise very easily.
    My poor husband has been accused of beating me. I also have very dark circles under my eyes so at times of a flare I look as if someone has punched me. Add the bruises from bumping into a door jamb when I stumble or wack my leg getting out of the shower and you have people wondering.
    hope this helps you understand that you aren't alone in the bruising. I wish I could bruise and not hurt but I do both with magnificent colours. '
    take care
    Thella
  6. Ness

Ness New Member

I bruise easily too....sometimes I have bruises that I have no idea where they come from.

I usually keep a few on me at all times.

Peace
    Ness
    [This Message was Edited on 09/29/2002]
  7. motg

motg New Member

yes I do. I have even had it where if some one holds my arm I can get bruised.
    Barb
  8. allhart

allhart New Member

im always brusing and never know where they came from some are realy bad ,