Bruised feeling under skin and cronic fatique

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Klippies, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Klippies

Klippies New Member

Ive noticed for quite a while now that when ever I scratch myself I experience a bruised feeling right under the surface layer of skin. This also happens when I shave my legs and underarms. I have to press very gently with the razor otherwise it feels as if my whole skin is bruised. How ever, no visible marks appear.
    I also tend to feel tired all the time, notin a "out of breath " kind of way, its more a lazy feeling.

Does anyone know what the cause of this could be?
    [This Message was Edited on 01/10/2012]
  2. Klippies

Klippies New Member

Thanx Leah.

Yes, I'm also a newby.

I've asked a docter recently and he told me to have my blood count checked. Should probably have that done. I hate having to wait for blood test results, but guess I have to go some time.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm glad you found us.

I think any new symptoms should be reported to our docs. In my years here, I've noticed a lot of touch-related or skin issues. I've had what you describe but only when I've been sick with a virus. Some of us have had the creepy-crawly feeling that ants are running around under our skin. I've never seen anyone get an answer for what causes this. Hopefully, someone with some answers will come along.

Love, Mikie
  4. lisadot

lisadot New Member

Hi Klippies,
    I think fibro causes all sorts of weird sensations and sensitivities because the nervous system is just out of whack. What should just feel like ordinary touch, doesn't. I have been feeling like I'm laying on rocks when I'm on my bed. There are no rocks. I swear. But it sure feels like it. And my blood counts are normal. I don't bruise easily, yet I feel bruised. Sometimes my muscles/skin feels like it's burned or burning. Just resting my arm on a chair can hurt. It's insane.

I've had all the blood tests done. They're all normal. I'm always tired too. As long as your blood work doesn't show thyroid issues or something else, it's probably this nasty thing we live with called fibro.

Those creepy crawlies can be Restless Legs Syndrome. It's more common with fibro. I'm glad I don't have it, but my husband does.

At least you know you're not alone. I'm not going to say misery loves company...I don't wish this on anyone.

5. Klippies

Klippies New Member

Thanx, I tend to get the restless legs from time to time and believe me, its a real pain in the ...

I tend to bruise very easily and sometimes dont even know how and when I got a bruise, it just appeared.

I hate seeing a doc, cause I dont like playing the guessing game while in the meantime they dose you with what ever they think may solve the problem...

Guess I'll just have to live with it. Good to know Im not alone!!