bruising anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LadyMT, May 26, 2003.

1. LadyMT

LadyMT New Member

Since all this fibro business started I have been bruising very easily. I know that if I hit something hard enough to make it hurt just a bit, I will have bruise appear. Plus that fact that some things hurt when before it wouldn't have bothered me. This didn't happen before. Is it yet another symptom of fibro? I figure eventually I will learn what all this involves! lol I also wonder, I have always been very tolerant to pain. I could always take a lot of pain. Does anyone think this has an effect on how I handle the fibro pain?

Debbie
  2. healing

healing New Member

have you been tested?
  3. Allerian

Allerian New Member

Easy Bruising could be a symptom of thrombocytopenia... (low platelets). If you have alot of bruises from unknown origins go ask your doctor for a complete blood count.
  4. LadyMT

LadyMT New Member

No, no, no!!!! I don't need something else! lol Just kidding. :) I will ask about it.

Thanks!
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I do have FM, but not the brusing problem, I think I read that it can be caused by a lack of vitamin C. But there could be another medical reason for it.

I have always had a high tolerance for pain. Even as a child, could handle ear ache, tooth ache, cuts and bruises, falls, boils. My Mom never knew I was hurt untill she found it herself!

As as adult, I did not know what 'sick' was untill I had pheumonia, thats when I think I contacted FM. Not sure, but the doctor thought I had pleurisy (probably did) after the pneumonia, but keep going and then developed bronchitis.

Well after that is when my back pain started. I would have it rubbed,use sunlamps, baths, and just put up with the pain without a complaint. This went on for years and years.

It didn't start effecting how I lived untill about five years ago. Thats when the spasms started. That stopped me dead in my tracks!

But I truly believe we have a high tolerance for pain, if not we would not survive.

HOpe you find out what is causing the bruising.

Shalom, Shirl

6. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

I bruise relatively easily. Sometimes I get bruises
    just from scratching an area! Are you on any
    thing that thins the blood? Aspirin, garlic,
    ginko (I think), are a few that come to mind.
    I think Pepto bismol (my closest friend) may
    even be a culprit. It says on the bottle not to
    take if you are on blood thinners - coumadin for example.
    Hope this helps.
    Lynn