Bruising like an old banana...anyone else?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dogtired, Sep 17, 2003.

1. Dogtired

Dogtired New Member

Hi,
    I have noticed lately that I have more skin problems than I used to. I have a recurring scalp infection that the doctor just tells me is blocked pores. Also, I bruise extremely easily and small cuts seem to take FOREVER to heal and scar badly. Yes, I do take vitamins.
    Anyone else have this? Any advice.
    Thanks,
    Kristi
  2. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

Yes, I do bruise easily. I think sometimes it may be from the advil, which is also a blood thinner. Yet, I have always bled easily my whole life. I have a chronic dermatitis on my hands that never completely heals. Yet, my dr tells me its not from the automimmune disorder, which I believe cfs is.
  3. Eve612

Eve612 New Member

I am the same way....you just touch me, & I have a bruise. Sometimes I wake up & have them on my arm, & I don't even remember doing anything to cause it. I have no idea why this happens.

Eve
  4. tazzycat

tazzycat New Member

yes, I have always bruised easily.I have also had many of the symptoms since child now that i think about it. was always told i had growing pains but yes i always looked as if someone beat on me. i did not have the other skin issues you mentioned tho nor the easily to bleed.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/17/2003]
  5. fibrotigger

fibrotigger New Member

I also bruise very easily and have since childhood, of course I've also had fibro since childhood! We could all get together and look like a convention of punching bags. LOL!

Gentle hugs,
    fibrotigger
  6. IgotYou

IgotYou New Member

I always bruise easily. My mom used to call them "devil's kisses". It takes hardly anything for me to get a big nasty bruise, and they take forever to go away.
  7. Lexied

Lexied New Member

I've always kind of been easy to bruise, but since I've gotten FM it's worse than ever! I also scar very easily. My husband tells me that I can get black & blue from running into a cotton ball!!

Gentle HUGS - Lex
    [This Message was Edited on 09/18/2003]