Bruising....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jewelz, Oct 26, 2002.

1. Jewelz

Jewelz New Member

I just wondered if any of you bruised easy? I find that when my body aches "the worst" I develope small but many bruises over my legs and arms. Maybe its just me.. :D
    I had a large bruise a couple weeks ago and my therapist had the nerve to ask me if my husband was abusing me. I had to laugh!!!

I know I have tripped a few times in my past being clumbsy.. but there is times when Im not clumbsy and I get them anyways but Ill keep the bruise for at least a week to two weeks.. To where when I was younger it only took at least 2-4 days max to heal..

I can't tell ya how many times Ive went down a fleight of stairs on my tush!! My husband tends to laugh he says I look like a jelly bean bouncying off of them..!! *gets me laughing* I have swore to myself next house we get "NO" stairs!!

I guess I just wanna know if this is normal for ppl with fibro?

Regards,
    Misty
  2. Jewelz

Jewelz New Member

I just wondered if any of you bruised easy? I find that when my body aches "the worst" I develope small but many bruises over my legs and arms. Maybe its just me.. :D
    I had a large bruise a couple weeks ago and my therapist had the nerve to ask me if my husband was abusing me. I had to laugh!!!

I know I have tripped a few times in my past being clumbsy.. but there is times when Im not clumbsy and I get them anyways but Ill keep the bruise for at least a week to two weeks.. To where when I was younger it only took at least 2-4 days max to heal..

I can't tell ya how many times Ive went down a fleight of stairs on my tush!! My husband tends to laugh he says I look like a jelly bean bouncying off of them..!! *gets me laughing* I have swore to myself next house we get "NO" stairs!!

I guess I just wanna know if this is normal for ppl with fibro?

Regards,
    Misty
  3. blast

blast New Member

I end up at the end of each day another new bruise. I may be exaggerating a bit but not much. I have asked my doctor about this and she just says some people bruise more than others. My mother is the same way. I have heard it is a lack of Vitamin C, so I started taking extra through a chewable vitamin. I don't drink orange juice because of the acid. It does numbers on my tummy. Already take Prilosce for GERD. What else has high Vitamin C besides fruit?
    I am very clumsy and accidently knock myself into the walls quite often or hit the side of a wall or anything else that is around. I, too, have fallen down the stairs a number of times. Luckily I have only hurt myself real bad a couple of times.(Mainly my back of tailbone).
    So, you are not alone, but am not sure if this related to FMS. The clumsiness could be because of the fog we are always in LOL!
    Sherri
  4. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

I can look at something and wind up with a bruise. If I brush the doorway, I look like I've been in a major fall. Most of my bruises seem to be on my thighs, so at least they don't show. Maybe I should wear shorts if I ever get an appointment with the SS doctor. At the very least he would run from the office in total hysterics and I would win by default.
    Kathryn
  5. karen55

karen55 New Member

in a word, yes! I've notice how easily I bruise for a couple of years now, it seems like I wake up with bruises I didn't go to sleep with. Most of the time I'm wondering where they came from. It didn't occur to me that this could maybe be related to FM.
  6. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

is quite often caused by a lack of vitamin C in your diet. If you are O type blood, you have thin blood, and might need to add some vitamin K to your diet to stop the brusing. I have bruises all the time, especially on my legs.

Marilyn :)
  7. Jewelz

Jewelz New Member

I am O type blood.. I have vitiamin C and K here at the house.. Im not a good person when it comes to religiously taking (pills including viatimins) but, if that will help Id do it. I think bruises looks nasty (on me) I have extremely fair skin and it shows up pretty easy..

Thanks for the information..

Misty
  8. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

This was recommended by my dr. to chelate the copper out of my system. One of the extra benefits is that I no longer bruise. Of course, if I stop taking this for a few days, the bruises io my thighs return. I did the Fat Flush Plan for a week, and didn't take my vitamin C, but instead took only the supplements recommended by the book. By the end of the week I was covered in bruises. I have been religiously taking my 3 grams of C (1000 mgs 3 x day), for over a month now, and my thighs are bruise free!

I don't know if high levels of copper cause bruising, but I do know that high levels are often associated with stetch marks.

Annette
  9. fibolady

fibolady New Member

yes, i have bruises all the time, but i do take a lot of vit. c. they last forever too. if i just barely pass something it will bruise. one time my arms bruised up and down for no reason, really weird, turned a yellow color. doctor just shrugged it off.

warm regards, fibolady
  10. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

Me and stairs don't get along either! LOL!! I have most of my problem coming down stairs or I will wind up on my tush too!! LOL!! My husband tells me I look like a butter bean bouncing down the stairs!! I get tickled about it too, until the next day when I am sore and have bruises everywhere! I guess it is all part of this dang disease we all have!
    Take care and watch out for the stairs of doom!
    Teresa :)
  11. Cheechee

Cheechee New Member

I also bruise easy. My legs ache all the time and are also cold most of the time. It is also my legs that seem to bruise the most. I always have at LEAST two bruises on them and I never know how I got them. MY legs seem to bruise the worst but my upper arms also bruise easy.
  12. ali-may

ali-may New Member

I get mysterious bruises. This started when I first began to feel really tired. I knew that this was related to a lack of vitamin C, so I've been supplementing ever since. Strangely, this makes no difference!

I've just started taking calcium & magnesium, and I hear that calcium helps your blood to clot, so maybe this will help.

I've also read that easy bruising is a sign of candida.

Ali