Bruising!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rbtheidmanhabs, Dec 12, 2002.

1. rbtheidmanhabs

rbtheidmanhabs New Member

Would like to know if there is anyone out there who bruises very easily with the fibro.I just noticed today that I have a large bruise on my stomach.I don't know if it is the meds I am on or not.

Bob
  2. rbtheidmanhabs

rbtheidmanhabs New Member

Would like to know if there is anyone out there who bruises very easily with the fibro.I just noticed today that I have a large bruise on my stomach.I don't know if it is the meds I am on or not.

Bob
  3. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

Yes I can relate to that too. I always find little bruises
    on my body and then I have to think if I bumped myself somewhere or what. The slightest bump will cause a bruise.
    I think it's related to the Fibro because it effects our muscles and tissues.

love,
    Hob
  4. pands45

pands45 New Member

Yes, I have alot of bruising as well. I started to assume it was from the fibro, never asked the doc. It is amazing how easy I bruise from the slightest thing. You are not alone.
  5. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

I always teast my husband that if I every get mad at him I can tell people he beats on me because I am always full of bruises.

I got a little scratch from hiking the weekend before last, and it looks like I was in a kick fight. Big ole bruise up the side of my leg.

When people ask me "oh my god where do you get that briuse" I tell them you should see the other guy!
  6. dlizard

dlizard New Member

I had nine small bruises all over... some in very strange places that if I had hit it.I'd of remembered ( I think LOL )>> its connected but noone knows how.. Good luck!
  7. onesmileymyley

onesmileymyley New Member

I bruise very very eaisly espically on my shins and by golly that hurts...shannon
  8. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

I bruise very easily, especially on my legs. I've heard it's part of hypothyroidism. It can also be from a lack of Vit C or K. I have especially thin blood, so that would make me more prone to bruising.

Marilyn :)
  9. kaths

kaths New Member

I have CFS and often bruise where the acupuncture needles go in. I put arnica montana gel on the fresh bruise and it's gone by the next day. You can buy it at a health food store.

Kathy
  10. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

ever since FM but especially since Menopause. I had my doctor run a PT and PTT blood test just to make sure it wasn't anything more serious with blood platelets. The test were normal. I have also heard of taking extra vitamin C with bioflavinoids. In any rate, just my purse handle will cause a bruise. I don't think they are anything serious--just annoying.
    Tania
  11. gracieathome

gracieathome New Member

My bruises are mysterious. Half the time I dont know where they came from. My best friend likes to joke that I am abducted by aliens in my sleep!! LOL
  12. kellym

kellym New Member

Always have mysterious bruises appear out of nowhere! And get horrible ones from little bumps. Must be the FM, it always is.
  13. CelticLadee

CelticLadee New Member

Hi Bob and the rest of you message board readers,
    I am fairly new to all this you see. I am just now starting treatment for symptoms of CFS. Well, this morning when I got up I found the most awful bruise on my knee and on my foot. (same leg) You see after my bath yesterday I bumped my knee on the tub and later in the day I dropped some groceries on my foot. Well, these bruises are extreme for the amount of injury so I was a little shocked to say the least. They are huge and purple and very sore. Not only that...the hip on the same side is aching like the dickens. You'd think someone hit it with a baseball bat. These messages today made me realize that my body is just over reacting to the least injury. I have been on megadoses of vitamins and minerals for the past couple months so I don't think I am lacking in anything there. Well, anyway...I'm sure glad I read this post today as it did give me some reassurrance. Have a good day and hope we don't bump into anything else.
    CelticLadee
  14. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

I don't bruise, but if I don't take enough, the bruising returns.

My dr. ordered 3 grams to chelate the elevated copper out of my system, and one of the things I noticed was the disappearance of bruises. Prior to taking this amount, I generally had a minimum of a dozen bruises per thigh. I had experimented with Vitamin C, before my dr. prescribed it, but apparently I never took enough because the bruising was never affected.

I recently ran out of Vitamin C, and for almost a month I wasn't taking any. Something I haven't seen in a year showed up again: BRUISING! I got back on Vitamin C and within days the bruising was gone.

There are several forms of Vitamin C on the market, so if you've tried it and it irritated your stomach, I suggest you try another form til you find one that agrees with you. I have never had a reaction to any form of Vitamin C, but then again I really never paid attention to the forms I was taking so its possilbe I just never took an offensive kind.

Hope this helps,
    Annette
  15. fibolady

fibolady New Member

who knows where they come from. i do run into things alot but as slow as i move it can't be from force!!!

sometimes i will have clusters of yellow like bruises, like down my arm. since thanksgiving i had one on my upper arm that looked like someone swung a bat at me, huge, purple, blue, black and is still just fading. (and it hurt to the bone)

another thread talks about the arnica montana, this might be something to try, i am tired of being black and blue all the time.

warm regards, fibolady
    [This Message was Edited on 12/13/2002]
  16. Spedding

Spedding New Member

...for atherosclerosis?

That'll do it.

80 mg of ASA will be enough.

Every little bump will lead to a yellow bruise.

S
  17. Boysmom1

Boysmom1 New Member

for as long as I can remember. I never knew why, but the slightest bump or knock will give me a bruise. And they take awhile to heal, too. Interesting about arnica gel. I have some, but never used it on bruises before. I'll have to try that! thanks!

[ advertisement ]