brushing teeth & mouthwash, burning stinging mouth

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by saphire27, Feb 24, 2006.

1. saphire27

saphire27 New Member

This has been going on for a long time, i thought i'd bring it up, since i haven't seen this posted before.

I have switched from listerine mouthwash to biotene mouthwash, it's soothing, it's also for people who've had sores in mouths etc. I still use colgate total though.

But even somedays when i do my rountine is still stings, but not near as bad. I will probally switch to biotene toothepaste if there is one too.

I just wonder if anyone else has this problem, and if you have gotten an answer for it from a dr or dentist?? My dentist is the one who told me about biotene.
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

listerine can be diluted w/good old water....i am a retired registered dental assistant...i used to work for oral surgeon's and we would give the pt.s diluted 50/50..

try that and see if that helps

jodie
  3. cosmoo

cosmoo New Member

HI,
    here are a few of my suggestions to remedy your problem, maybe one will work for you. I too cannot stand the mouthwash stuff!!
    -Try Crest pro-health rinse (it's alcohol free so no sting) it too can be diluted 1/2 water
    -Use toothpaste for" sensenative teeth" or a natural toothpaste-Like Toms
    -Brush the old fashioned way occasionally-pour some baking soda on a plate and dampen your toothbrush with water then press it into the soda-creating a sort of paste, then brush your teeth with it. It has a salty taste but your going to rinse it out with water anyway. Don't swallow it.
    -use a baby toothbrush or soft childs toothbrush on the days your mouth is really sensative.
    Hope something helps!

[This Message was Edited on 02/24/2006]
  4. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I brush my teeth with the Crest Expressions Whitening toothpaste and use Crest Glide floss. I don't seem to have any problems.

My husband uses Colgate Total toothpaste and any type of mouthwash. He doesn't floss though.

Hugs,
    Faye
  5. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I rinse with aloe vera juice then take some into my mouth and hold it as long as possible then swallow. I do this four times a day and in a couple of days the burning goes.

It works every time for me. I've started doing this daily to see if it keeps burning mouth away.

love
    Rosie
  6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Have the worst things in them also mouthwash that contains glycols.

You are far better getting an all naturla toothcleaner from health store(it will lat longer too) and using cut of hydrogen peroxide with salt (diluted greatly) as a good mouthwash. Chew a mint leaf too. Or cinnamon.

Love Anne C