Buckling Knees with Extreme Pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kydetroit, May 26, 2006.

1. Kydetroit

Kydetroit New Member

For over two months I have been experiencing extreme pain around my left knee and at the same time this knee started to buckle. I am having difficulties in walking, standing and any going up or down steps. My doctor states that it’s probably inflammation. But I really believe that it’s something else. Recently my right knee is doing the same thing. Just standing in one position and when attempt to take a step, it feels as though my foot stays put and my knees are separating. Please if anyone else have experience this, let me know what you did for relief?
  2. millennia

millennia New Member

You just describe the symptoms that lead me on the long road to being diagnosed with fibro. I was misdiagnosed for years first (no one put the knee pain together with my other complaints). I saw a chiropractor and he would put these electrodes on my knees. It really helped a lot. But the thing that helped the most was mirapex. I know a lot of people have had bad side effects from it, but it has given me my life back. I'm actually sitting here at my computer, my leg curled under me, with no pain!!!! Before the mirapex it had been years since that had happened. I hurt so much I thought I might throw up from the pain. No sometimes no pain, sometimes a little.

A knee brace helps with the buckling. And Sam-e also helped with the pain.
  3. findmind

findmind New Member

Yes, I have had exactly what you are experiencing...and Osteo Bi-Flex has cured it, honest to god!!!

It took 2-1/2 mos. before I could turn around quickly and not leave my knee behind, but it worked beautifully, and it helps my arthritic neck a lot, also.

Its cheap, easy to take (me, with food), and I love it, can you tell?

Try it, you might like it, LOL

findmind
    p.s. kydetroit, huh...My parents were born in KY, moved to Detroit, where I was born, so I gravitated to your name!
  4. Kydetroit

Kydetroit New Member

Thanks for the response. I am currently wearing a knee brace and had a couple of injections to the surrounding area, which gave it some relief for a couple of days. I will research and discuss with my doctor the medication that you mentioned, to make sure it doesn't interact with all the other meds that I am currently taking for other health related illness. Thanks again for you assistance.
  5. kathyr

kathyr New Member

Please tell me if anyone knows if this is a symptom of my fibro. It is very painful to bend my knees, especially after being on my feet for any length of time.
  6. ephemera

ephemera New Member

This also may be hypermobility (benign hypermoblity syndrome or BHS). I have it & it first showed up in left knee, then right; then all over. Right now the worst is in my right shoulder which is inflamed again after a tendon procedure less than 3 months ago.

Sorry I have no suggestions, especially regarding braces as I've been told to avoid them as they can do damage (especially if the tendency is to turn & sublux in 1 direction).