buckwheat hulls

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by chinassa, Aug 22, 2002.

1. chinassa

chinassa New Member

used in pillows.Does anybody know of this product and or if it is good for aching necks and shoulders.Some one was telling me they had one and loved it.
  2. Jackie F

Jackie F New Member

I haven't personally used them. But many of the members of others boards on here talk about them and generally really love them. Everyone says it does take a few days/weeks to break them in-so to speak. But many swear they couldn't sleep without them.
    Some other comments that I have heard mentioned is:
    They do not promote mites like other pillow types do. Thus they seem to be more allergy resistant.
    They last far longer than any other pillow type.
    And that they will conform to the user.

Hope that is helpful for you.

Jackie F
  3. chinassa

chinassa New Member

for the response,i am thinking of trying one,and the info was greatly appriciated.Have a blessed day.
    Chinassa
  4. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

I don't personally have one, but my brother got one a few years ago and he says "it's the best", says he doesn't know how he managed without it before..I was thinking of getting one for myself, but never did..
    Best Wishes.........
  5. jbg

jbg New Member

I have two of the buckwheat pillows and love them. I use one in bed and keep the other one in the livingroom. I also have one shaped like a U for around my neck that I use in the vehicles when traveling. The only downfall I found in the ones that I have is they are smaller than the standard pillow. They are also somewhat noisy when moving around at night. I sleep with earplugs so they don't really bother me. Another benefit is that they keep you head cooler at night than normal pillows, which is suppose to help with sleeping.....I highly recommend it. I do have neck problems and it has helped.
    Good Luck....
    Julie
  6. chinassa

chinassa New Member

is why i want to try one too.I think i will try one.I'll let you know.
    Thanks for the responses.
    PS i tried the one that Brookstone sells and it did nothing.
    Chinassa
  7. chinassa

chinassa New Member

i can't wait to go home and take a nap.
  8. motg

motg New Member

I have one and sleep much better, now if I am going to be away from home I make sure that I bring it or I well wake up with a sore neck.
    Barb
  9. chinassa

chinassa New Member

Didn't do a thing for me.I am back to my old pillow and still hurting.If anybody is interested in buying it it cost me 50 dollars.(sure like someone wants it now that i have said it didn't help) scratch the last line.
    Chinassa