buckwheat pillow?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Smiffy, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Has anyone here with upper spine/shoulder blade pain tried a buckwheat pillow please?
  2. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

Yes I have used Buckwheat Hull pillows for many yrs. My Husband and I wouldn't use anything else! They stay in the shape you want by just bunching it up with your hands.Not like the foam pillows that flop out from under your head.I read in bed a lot and I just love the support I get from the Buckwheat pillows. My neck is always hurting and sore so this helps more than anything!It might be hard to find the full size Buckwheat pillows but they are available on the net.
    Hugs Shirley
  3. tngirl

tngirl New Member

and have not found just the right "one". Thanks for the post and the suggestions about the rice and the buckwheat pillows. I have a tremendous amount of neck pain.

I really like posts like these that give me ideas of new ways to cope. :)
  4. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Thank you all, that's a tremendous help!

What's a Squush pillow please?
  5. and have alternated with them, I really like them. I was looking to buy a new one and now I don't see them in any stores anymore.
  6. JLH

JLH New Member

I ordered one off the internet. It said that it was not too full -- a regular size pillow, not the neck type.

It was inexpensive.

I hated it! It was too full of the buckwheat hulls. I have to have a slim pillow and I am used to an all down feather pillow.

I gave it to my mother to take apart and make 2 little pillows to put behind your neck or low back.

And ... I still don't use it!!!

Just another thing that I tried, hoping to feel better, but didn't work!!!

Take care,
    Janet
  7. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I like the memory foam pillows. They shape to my shape and help me get better rest. Helps my neck and shoulders!