Buddhist tradition: The Daily Dalai Lama

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Rafiki, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I get a daily quote from His Holiness the Dalai Lama.

Today's is

Monday, January 19, 2009
    My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
    - Dalai Lama

ETA: Buddhist tradition in the title

[This Message was Edited on 01/19/2009]
  2. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Caught me! I should be making an appt. but I'm posting instead. I really hate to get people worried and know that I did and would only frustrate the socks off everyone if they knew that I have not yet made the appt. I will today but things are a wee bit stressful here and I need to spend time with the stuff of the spirit and not the stuff of the body in order to centre myself again.

I hope you are as well as you can be and more happy than you thought...
    Rafiki
  3. windblade

windblade Active Member

I just have to see the face of His Holiness, the Dalai Lama,to feel uplifted. The kindness, compassion, joy, and holiness are all expressed there.

I'm looking forward to hearing his sayings/teachings.
  4. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I'm so glad!

He is remarkable and it does show on his face.

I'm looking forward to everything you have to share with me.

Peace to you,
    Rafiki

PS Where does the name Windblade come from? I like it more than I can understand -- know what I mean? I imagine a windmill or a modern wind power generator (can't remember what they're called now) - something that generates energy from the glorious wind!

5. windblade

windblade Active Member

I chose the name Windblade as a variation on my Grandmother's Swedish name! I changed the letters a bit - played with them; and this way it always reminds me of her love, and has elemental images that I enjoy.

I liked your impression of the energy of windmills.

So glad that you found my post to you on Jamin's 'Gut feeling' thread. Yes, there is so much to respond to.

Looking forward to reading and responding about quantum physics. I've been fascinated since reading 'The Dance of the Wu Li Masters, and many other books.

Peace and Blessings

6. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Ok, you wrote another post that gave me goosebumps and now the mention of your grandmother gave me a tear - a good tear from a welling up of the heart. My emotions are very close to the surface just now and you are allowing me to spend some of that energy in such gentle ways. Thank you.

Yes, I just responded to your other post!

You see why I so much want to post on this board. These things are of great import to me. I can't be tearing up and having goosebumps and talking "energy" all over the site!

It's tricky for me though because there is no division between spiritual and non spiritual. What is not about the spirit? The concept of praying without ceasing is huge in my life. My goal is to make each breath a prayer and each interaction with another a holy one.

I am grateful to all who do not cast stones.

peace

7. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I don't understand why you would bother with threads which are clearly marked, as we decided would be best, and are not about Christian theology.

I, for one, am not asking to be welcome on the Christian threads. I would never dream of intruding my beliefs on a thread where people were taking refuge in their own. Never.

Yes, I understand that you may feel an obligation to proselytize to those you see as not being saved but now that you have done so (if, indeed, that's what this was) why not just ignore us. There is even a button which allows you to make us disappear. Your world here on this board can be exactly as you want it. As they say, one creates one's own reality.

One thing I beg of you, please do not judge your good friends who have not judged the non Christians on the board. This would be tragic! And, most respectfully, I cannot believe it is what your Saviour would want you to do.

I call on you to judge not...

peace

8. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

This board has been Christian not because it was a Christian board but because non-Christians felt unwelcome to speak of things of the spirit here. PH did not create it as a Christian Sanctuary, it evolved as such because people who were not Christian felt so terribly unwelcome.

It is as though the Fibromyalgia board had been full of people who spoke only of having a pain in their toe. And, every time someone came along and said they had a pain in their arm they were told to go away unless they no longer had arm pain and did have toe pain. Does that analogy help? It is not the official definition of this board that has defined it; it is its unwelcoming nature.

This board exists because people quarrel over religion. (This is one of mankind's greatest tragedies; let us not act in out here in microcosm.) The Worship board was never intended as a place for Christians only. It was intended as a safe place for everyone to discuss matters of the spirit.

with respect,
    Rafiki
  9. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Tuesday, January 20, 2009
    If we utilize our favorable circumstances, such as our good heal or wealth, in positive ways, in helping others, they can be contributory factors in achieving a happier life.

- Dalai Lama