Buddies wanted

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SPR30, Mar 17, 2003.

1. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

Hi! I think support is good. Many people don't understand what we are going through. Or... they try and compete with us, like being ill and in pain is a sport. I am so sick of others saying I have FM or whatever when they haven't been diagnosed by doctors. Why can't people give us support and stop trying to belittle our pain and suffering???
    Anyway, I would love to chat with other people with chronic pain and ills. I am a 30 year old homemaker with many chrionic ills: FM,MPS,IBS.Anemia, Osteo and Rheumatoid arthritis, etc...

I look forward to making new friends and and maybe sharing a few smiles!
    [This Message was Edited on 03/18/2003]
  2. Mewsley

Mewsley New Member

Hello. I have been in chronic pain for 4 months now. I also have had tests done with negative results.My doctor wanted me to go on Paxil which I would not do. I carry Xanax with me for panic attacks and take it only when necessary. I know how you feel every day it is something different. Right now I am struggling with neck pain. It is not much wonder we get depressed is it?
  3. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member

I thought that I was the only one having to put up with family member competing with me. I can say my head hurts and OH Goodness mine hurts too so bad, you don't hurt like this no way this is much worse. Or I love this one too. I say I am so sick in my stomach right now, I have been to the bathroom 4 times already.. thier response. Oh I know I have that all the time. I hurt and cramp and I have to go all day long I live in my bathroom somedays.
    I am like GIVE ME A BREAK I wonder sometimes If I was to say I had something that was really out there would they try to on up me on that too. I have just started keeping my mouth shut around those people. Nothing that I have can EVER compare to what they are going through they wish that they could feel as good as i do. LMAO yeah I wish they could to, just for a day then they would change thier tune.
    hugs,
    Jeanna
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Be very, very careful before posting your e-mail address here or on any public website and be very, very careful before answering any requests for people to e-mail the poster. People are not always who they seem to be.

This is nothing personal, SPR30, but this is your first post here and you have not filled out your profile. We know nothing about you. This is a message board for sharing our support and info for all our members.

What you are doing here is not against the rules, but I always warn our members against this. Some members, after getting to know one another do e-mail privately, but again, there is no way to know who is at the other end of the line.

Love, Mikie
  5. lin21

lin21 New Member

Just want to say hi and welcome you to the board. this is a great place and everyone has been very supportive.
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I did intend to welcome you to the board and just got caught up in my warning about posting your e-mail address here. We have had people in the past who received some unwanted e-mails after posting their addresses. There are some creeps out there who lurk on public boards waiting for victims to post their e-mails.

This is a very friendly place and I am sure you will find friends here. It is also a great place for finding info on our illnesses.

Love, Mikie
  7. afeni

afeni New Member

Hi, I so know what you mean. My husband is great for that. Either his pain is worse, because I'm used to hurting, or my favorite, I'm just as exhausted as you, and I still gotta go to work. But you know what, you gotta just laugh it off sometimes. maybe its easier for them to deal with your pain. i know it sounds kind of crazy. But one thing I have learned, is that we all have our limits. And I know my husband loves me more than anything, and as much as I would like more compfort, and more tenderness sometimes, I know that he feels like he's useless, and Thats something he can't handle. So he is tough on me, and he turns away sometimes, when I need his very broad shoulders. But he is human, and we all have our own limits and ways of copying, crazy as they might seem to someone else. And sometimes its being able to laugh at lifes absurdities is what gets ya through..
  8. Reg1

Reg1 New Member

Hi, Im Regina/Reg whatever you feel confortable with, makes me no difference. Welcome, I have FMS, CFS, RSD, IBS, and a lot more. Feel free to come on board and learn and give info, this is a great place to be. You have a freind in me. ((((((((((((((Gentle Hugs)))))))))) Reg Also dx with somataform disorders.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/04/2003]
  9. bejo

bejo New Member

You'll find plenty of friends and support here.It's really great how nice the folks are here.People do get irritating when they are always sure they feel worse than we do.I always hope that they don't feel that bad. bejo
  10. DebP

DebP New Member

I have made some great close friends from this board and also the chat rooms. I am always looking for someone to become new friends with!!! Im sure with this DD we certainly have tons in common!!
    Peace and Love to All
    DebP