Buffalo -- in town -- looking for new GP

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shananegans, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

I am looking for a new General Pracitioner, Primary Physician in Buffalo. I live in town and do not have a car so if anyone on this board knows of a good doctor in town and could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. The doctor I have now is pregnant and she's not sure if she'll be returning to the practice anytime soon so I would like to start looking asap. She be here until June... after that she will atleast be out of work for quite a while and she is thinking about being a stay at home mom for the first couple of years... sooooo... I need a new doc.

Thank you in advance!!!
    Shananegans
  2. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

bumpity bump bump
  3. nursey

nursey New Member

I live near the area and wonder if there are any good support groups? Are we alone out here in snow country?

-Joy
  4. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

I'm not aware of any support groups but I know there was a bunch from the area from Buffalo to Syracuse that had met. They met in Rochester and that was to far away from me for me to join in... but if a support group was set up in Buffalo... I'd be willing to be part of it, help with it, it would be great to meet others in the area.

Maybe we could put something together.

Shananegans
  5. pamsue

pamsue New Member

Hi guys, I live right out side of Buffalo. I would love to tell you of a doctor that understands FM in this area, but I do not know of any.

the Spinal surgeon I am going to asked me if I have FM, I guess it must be written on me, lol, I told him yes, but he did not say he helps people with it but at least he knew of it. He has told me I have RSD too though and that has become a huge problem for me now.

Please let me know if you find a physician that does except FM , my primary doc absolutely does not believe it is a disease, but he is all I can find around here.

Great isn't it, why are doctors like this

my best to you
    hugs,
    pamsue
  6. nursey

nursey New Member

I'm from the Olean area...
  7. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

8. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

as he used to practice up there.

Love Anne C
  9. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

That would be wonderful. Thank you so much! There are sooo many doctors here and it's so hard to mill through them all.

hugs
    Shananegans
  10. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

anyone? anyone please? doctor, buffalo, in town?
  11. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

last bump on this one... i swear.
  12. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

good to hear from you again. i was doing pretty well but i have recently had a small decline and some new problems that are being dealt with.

i live right in buffalo not to far from downtown. i would be willing to meet with people if it would be possible to have it close to my house since I am carless and it is hard for me to get a ride outside of the city. there are a lot of good diners close to me. if we could get a decent sized group I think it would be good to meet up with some fellow fibro-ers/cfs-ers... I'd love to meet some others that have common suffering and to know I'm not alone.

We could start another post maybe for people in western new york to meet and maybe start a new support group for the area. i would definitely be willing to be part of that.

let me know what you think.
    Shananegans
  13. bikepunkhick

bikepunkhick New Member

14. jc2479

jc2479 New Member

Check out this link. http://www.co-cure.org/USA_NY.htm
  15. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

the new post has been put up. it is called "Trying to set up Support Group... Buffalo Area... Interested?"

Edit -- Well apparently that was "against the rules" as my post got deleted. So I guess it's a no go on this board.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/01/2006]
  16. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

i would love to meet as well. hopefully we can find a way to set it up. maybe what i will do is set it up anyways and make fliers... to advertise... and find some way to get it to you. I'm sure we'll figure something out.
  17. maggierose

maggierose New Member

I to am from Buffalo. I am from West Seneca just outside of Buffalo 10 minutes. I have a very good Dr. his name is Dr. Gosy. He is a pain Dr. and understands fibro. My primary Dr. is not accepting new patients. I would love to get together as a group. If you want to e-mail me just send message to Maggierose. Hope this helps you

Maggierose,
  18. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

It's too bad Dr. Gosy isn't accepting more patients but thank you for the info. I will keep that one in mind.

I would love to meet with some people in the area. As I'm sure you saw, I had attempted to post that I wanted to start a support group in this area, but it was deleted before anyone saw it due to safety reasons. Sucks... but what can ya do, ya know?

Anywho, you can email me at xshandangox @ yahoo dot com. And anyone else can email me too... hopefully this one won't get deleted. I don't care if people email me. I would love to have contact with others with this terrible affliction no matter where they are.

Thank you again for your post.
    Shananegans

[ advertisement ]