BUMP ON MY NECK UNDER MY EAR - Madwolf , anyone, what could it be

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Annette2, Aug 20, 2003.

1. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I just noticed a big bump on my neck, right under my ear. It hurts a lot! Does anyone know what this could be? It hurts when I touch it.

Annette2
  2. sumbuni

sumbuni New Member

Do you think it could be an enlarged lymph node? Infections and swelling of the lymph nodes goes with cfs, and possible fms.

sumbuni

PS...I agree, have it checked, it could be nothing, something simple, or really something that needs looking into.
  3. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

What do you do if it is a lymph node? Do I need to go to the doctor or just wait until it goes away? What is the treatment?

Annette2

THANKS!!!!
  4. pammy52

pammy52 New Member

may be a swollen lymph gland indicating an infection.
    could it be a bug bite? those little gnats or chiggers
    make for a nasty bump that can feel quite sore to touch.
    usually itching goes with it though.
    also could be a blocked salivary duct. causes good sized
    bump/lump and sore to touch. try applying a warm to hot
    moist cloth to the area for 15-20 minutes. repeat several
    times. if it is a blocked duct this may help to open it
    enough to let loose the culprit.
    good luck and do get it looked at if no change soon.
    Pammy
  5. survive

survive New Member

Swollen lymph nodes - I get them in my neck and shoulders alot. My DR. says I am run down and over tired. That is FM for you. He tells me to jot down when I get one, size, and how long it lasts and if any changes. Sometimes it requires an appt sometimes it doesn't. For your first lump I would get it checked out ASAP! Good luck!
  6. Beth37

Beth37 New Member

I swell there,too.I just figured it was another symptom of FMS..When it swells,I usually have alot of pain in neck,head and shoulder area.Where my main pain is,most of the time.Let us know what the doc.,says.Good luck!Take Care! Beth