Bumping Old Messages

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rocky76, Jan 23, 2010.

1. rocky76

rocky76 Member

I'm confused...I see people are complaining about this...

If someone did a search for something they wanted info on and then responds to the post they found to be information they needed then the old post is then bumped back to the current date....

Thats what the search bar is for I thought...

I constantly use the search bar....and I bump up great info that has been lost as days fly by....

If we don't bump then great informative post are gone for ever...

I just come on here ( long time gone ) and noticed a post about Cradle Cap....I was reading as I have this problem and then got to a reply that said it was an old post....

I am glad that someone bumped that post because all the replies will help me...

So Thanks...
  2. hensue

hensue New Member

The post on the side was new drug so I was all excited until I saw it started in 09.

I have no problems with messages being bumped. I just got totally confused on that one.
    Imagine that a fibro getting confused.
  3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I agree. When I saw the post about a new medication only to be disappointed when finding out it was old information.

Instead of bumping up a post and having to go through all of them until you reach the present one, how about summarizing what the other thread said, then add what you want to post.

I am just too brain fatigued to have to go through so many posts. The new format also makes it more difficult. While you can click to the last page, how many pages do you have to go through before you realize you are on an old post whereas with the scrolling page you can just click end on your computer that takes you to the bottom of the page as soon as you realize the date of the post.

Just my two cents worth.

4. quanked

quanked Member

I appreciate "Old" information being bumped.

I have just learned to notice a couple of things so that am aware that it is an older post--I notice how many people have viewed the post (the more that have viewed the more likely it is an older message AND I notice the date of the original poster at the top of the thread.

Who has the paitience to summarize anything--much less the cognitive skills? Or the energy? Some days I am lucky to be able to log on and respond briefly to any post.

I have seen threads pop up that are many years old. Often, they are very pertinent to now.

Thanks for posting about this.
  5. gapsych

gapsych New Member

My reply was also just a comment.

How about putting how you can get to the post, putting the URL and the title, sorry my computer skills are not so great.

Then at the beginning of the new post you can say this is older information but think it is pertinent to today.

Just remember someone is always going to complain no matter how this issue is handled!! You can't please everyone, at the same time, LOL!!

Definitely, some information bumped is helpful.

Take care.