Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by willruthie1965, Jun 1, 2009.

1. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

What do you think.? The left is moderate and the right is severe. It is causing a hammer toe and one toe comes out of place. So anyone who knows the pros and cons plz let me know. Ruthie
  2. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Hi Ruthie!
    I haven't had it done, but have several friends who have! I think the pro is that you'll get rid of the bunion and pain it's causing! The con..well you'll have a recovery period. My closest girlfriend I think had about 6 weeks of wearing a special shoe/boot thing. I don't think she wore it the whole six weeks. I'll have to ask her.
    I know she's glad she had it done. Her bunions were very painful. They scraped her bone, then she has a pin in there. I think they've perfected the procedure to make it fairly quick and routine. She had it done in office at the podiatrist.

You might want to take care of the right foot at least if it is severe.

I know how painful they can be - I have one that isn't even "that" bad, but sometimes it just hurts even when I'm barefoot!

3. Empower

Empower New Member

My sister had it

I have to be honest and tell you that the recovery is painful, but I think that she is glad that she did it

She really didn't have any choice