Burning and tingling in chin and stomach

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dorabella, Oct 27, 2005.

1. dorabella

dorabella New Member

I have had weird burning, tingling aching sensations in the tip of my chin and sometimes around the sides of my jaw for the last week. Today I've started getting similar burning tingling spasms in my stomach and moving around in the lower rib area.

I'm wondering if it's to do with the unseasonal weather we've had in London for the last few weeks or just another odd symptom of FM. The jaw sensations I'm suspecting are TMJ related. I don't know what to think, except that I'm feeling like an 80-year old today.

Anyone else get this?
  2. dorabella

dorabella New Member

3. Starcat

Starcat New Member

Sorry to hear your not feeling very good today. I know that weather really affects me too. I also get terrible problems with my TMJ! It's worse on my left side. It knots the muscles all around that side of my face and neck, which sends pain & spasms into my chin too.

I get rib TRP's that cause the sensations in the abdomin that you describe as well. I can usually tell if it's a trigger point causing the trouble by feeling all along the lower rib. If there's a specific tender spot (which feels more like a bruise) ...that's it!

When I work on it, it usually stops the stomache problems almost right away.

Hope your feeling better soon.
    :)cat
  4. dorabella

dorabella New Member

Thanks Starcat - I can feel lumpy bits along my lower ribs and the jaw and they feel bruised. The burning seems emanate from these spots.

Seems to have stopped today - this FM world is a nightmare -burning pain one day and a different pain the next. Wonder what today will bring???
  5. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

Since I began taking Percoset, I have noticed that I have a tingling in my chin that I feel like I need to scratch which doesn't help at all. I wonder if the meds are causing it.
    As for my ribs, sometimes the pain is bad enough that I have to sleep in a leisure bra and put a soft pillow under them if I lay on my sides. It comes and goes and my dr. said that it is part of the FMS pain. Sometimes heat/ice helps. Have a good day.
    Stinker56
  6. Starcat

Starcat New Member

The lumpy bits you describe sound alot like knots (trigger points) Sometimes even just finding them will help break them up and relieve pain. So glad your feeling better today.

It IS a crazy fm world we live in!

Take care,
    :)cat
  7. daylight

daylight New Member

8. dorabella

dorabella New Member

I'm not on any meds for FM or anything else for that matter so I know it's not a reaction to drugs. Seems like more of the mysterious FM symptoms that everyone can relate to.

With regard to bras - I can't tolerate underwired (they press on the trigger points on my ribs and cause untold discomfort. On a bad day even soft cotton bras press on the triggers.....

I do notice that when the weather is unsettled or changes from hot to cold or vice-versa it sets me off on a flare-up.

Just makes me want to screeeeaaaammmm!!!!!

Thanks for all your responses - I feel better for that at least.

D.