Burning face

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jpswife_4boys, Oct 29, 2002.

1. jpswife_4boys

jpswife_4boys New Member

Here lately I've been having chills going through my body. I feel as if I have a fever but I don't. My face turns red and feels extremely hot. I can feel the heat raising from my cheeks. My husband says that my face didn't feel hot to him. I kept asking him to feel it. It felt like I had an extremely high temperature. Does anyone else experience this? It's not the same thing like when my arms or legs burn. You know that sun burn feeling, where it hurts to touch your skin. This is different.

Crissie
  2. jpswife_4boys

jpswife_4boys New Member

Here lately I've been having chills going through my body. I feel as if I have a fever but I don't. My face turns red and feels extremely hot. I can feel the heat raising from my cheeks. My husband says that my face didn't feel hot to him. I kept asking him to feel it. It felt like I had an extremely high temperature. Does anyone else experience this? It's not the same thing like when my arms or legs burn. You know that sun burn feeling, where it hurts to touch your skin. This is different.

Crissie
  3. tes

tes New Member

Yes I do experience this feeling as well. I always ask my husband to feel me because I feel like I'm on fire!!! I constantly check my temperature, but never have a temperature. I guess it just another symptom of this dd.

Hope you feel better soon,
    Tes
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I get this in my hands & face. I do the same thing, ask everyone, "Does my face feel hot??? How about my hands??" I think I drive my family nuts! But I know exactly the feeling you are talking about...

Pam
  5. klutzo

klutzo New Member

i also get the chills so bad I go to bed with a wool blanket and a comforter over my head...and I live in Florida where it's 89 degrees today! Then when the chills suddenly stop as mysteriously as they started, I am drenched in sweat. My face gets red and burning and a little bit swollen. I sometimes get diarreha too. I have asked so many docs about this. My Rheumy says it's autonomic misfiring, in otherwords, FMS.
    In empathy,
    Klutzo