Burning Feet??????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RedAngel48, Jan 10, 2003.

1. RedAngel48

RedAngel48 New Member

My legs hurt but most of all my feet are beginning to burn. They feel like they are on fire. I'm wondering if anyone else has that problem and if so what do you do about it? My old doctor gave me Nurontin for it but I can't see her any more because of insurance. Is there anything else I can do for it? Sometimes they are so tender it hurts to walk.
    Thanks for any advice
    Red
  2. epicurean

epicurean New Member

I also have burning feeling in my feet most of the time,and take Neurontin 300mg.,x3 day.But I'm sorry that I can not help-my feet burn most of the time-I just make sure I pamper them and take good care of them-mine feel much better if there exposed to air as much as I can-hence-I wear slippers all day so I can eaisly air them out.
    Sorry I din't help much-maybe someone will have a better idea-just wanted you to know your not the only one!!!
  3. MarieHerman

MarieHerman New Member

Burning feet is the way I started with Fibro 2 1/2 years ago. No good answers I'm afraid. When they are bad, I just try and get off of them and go without shoes and sock for awhile. That seems to help some, but they do burn most of the time. Also, if you can put them in a cool tub of water for a few minutes it may cool them down. Best wishes
  4. blessings

blessings New Member

Yes, I have the burning feet, for years, thought it was because Iwas on them a lot, but have been disabled for a couple of years and they still burn...I rub bio-freeze on them and it help...not a cure, but a help...blessings
  5. mapessd

mapessd New Member

Hi Red I posted this same ? A while back you sound like me my kids did not want my feet by them because of the heat my hands are the same way I to was on nerontin ive kind of gone off it and back on it again Sorry to here about your insurance.Things are getting bad i know i don't know what i'm going to do i will loose my medicad and it just covers my co-pay thats $40 a percripsion and 25 per Dr visitand i take 5 meds so i dont know what im going to do well take care
    Hugs Sue
  6. RedAngel48

RedAngel48 New Member

Well, even though we all seem to have taken the same thing for it, it's nice to know that I'm not alone. I've invited a friend of mine to come and post here too because this place is full of nice people to post with. If you see her she'll most likely use Penname219/Julz give her a warm welcom won't you? Thanks!!
    Again, thanks for the encouragement and for letting me know I wasn't alone!!! :))
    Red
  7. WorldFalls

WorldFalls New Member

I have that problem too. I don't know anything about medical treatment of it, I don't even know what causes it to happen (is it a fibro-thing?). I have found a few ways to cope with it, though.

For me, the problem is always worse at night. I keep a pan of water beside my bed so I can dip my feet it in when it becomes to bothersome. Also, I have several of those ice pack thingies that you can get to keep food in cooler cold. They are reusable. I take one out when I'm ready to go to bed and if it gets to bad, I hold them on my feet.

During the day, I tend to wear sandals without socks. I used to be very embarassed about this...I live in Washington state, so it's always cold and rainy and it seemed odd to wear sandals without socks on cold rainy days! But one day I was at a restarant with my mom and she pointed out that there were several people who wore them the same way I did. It made me wonder if lots of people have the problem with buring feet.

Anyway, I'm glad you posted. This is one of my most nagging problems and I had wondered if other people experienced this too. Good luck!