Burning Mouth Syndrome with fibromyalgia!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Miles, Sep 12, 2003.

1. Miles

Miles New Member

I have been on before with this. Does anyone else have BMS. I have been emailing someone that has it & she is using Clonazepam & Vivactil. Does anyone else know about these drugs? Thank you, Deb
  2. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

My tongue and mouth burn if I eat almost any fruits or tomatoes (which are really a fruit). I can't drink fruit juices or eat dried fruits or any wine except sherry, either. Also happens with all nuts except almonds and peanuts. This is probably an acid sensitivity, though.

JoAnn
  3. Miles

Miles New Member

My mouth burns almost all the time. It doesn't matter what I eat or drink. I do have Acid reflux but the Dr. doesn't think that is what is causing it. I have had this since 1991. Been to Dentist nothing there either. One Dr. said it could be related to Menopause. The roof of my mouth burns, tongue on occasion. Ready for this to stop. Any more ideas would be very much appreciated.

Take care, Deb
  4. libra55

libra55 New Member

Sometimes my mouth feels like it's on fire too. My doctor said it could be hormonal. I do get a bad taste in my mouth before my menstrual period. When I was pregnant my mouth was also very sensitive and I had bad taste.

I have always had a very sensitive mouth even before I was dx'd with fibro. I could never eat tortilla chips, or salsa, or hot peppers. For some reason now really sweet foods make it burn. Like one day I ate a tootsie roll pop, I had bought a bag for my kids and I had an orange one and WOW a five-alarm fire in my mouth afterward. So that might be the fruit flavor, or the additives they use, I know there are a lot of those FDC red and yellow dyes in there. Anybody else have thoughts on this?

Good wishes,
    Michelle
  5. tjhoesch

tjhoesch New Member

I have what they call"geographic tongue". It has splits in it that look like cuts. I have never been able to drink anything carbonated, fruits, especially pineapple, or hot peppers. Never found a cure for it. I also asked the dentist. TJ

[ advertisement ]