Burning pain in skin around stomach, ribs?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Manwithfibro, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

Anyone else have severe burning, nerve pain in ribs and stomach area? I don't know what to do for it. I am at end of my rope. Years of grinding it out has worn me out. TC
  2. sascha

sascha Member

just a shot in the dark. i've known people who had shingles who had those symptoms. hope you figure it out and find help- sascha
  3. 3gs

3gs New Member

omg! yes,my ribs almost feel like Ive pulled them or something. Stomach was going to go for tests!

I have noticed when they had me on steriods,or sometimes muscle relaxers it eases. I know you can have myofasical pain and trigger points there. So maybe its inflammation.
  4. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

is Shingles. I've had them twice. Very painful and difficult to heal. I cannot remember what medicine the doctor gave me for them. It was years ago.

I'd say this is something to get ruled out.

Good luck,
  5. MIssAutumn

MIssAutumn New Member

My doctor diagnosed this as nerve damage- neuropathy. Even before this diagnosis I started taking Lipoic Acid for it and then he suggested I try Benfotiamine-V, diabetics use it for their neuropathy. You can use them together, I get mine on line at IHerb.
    Have you been tested for Lyme? this is one symptom of it.
  6. munch1958

munch1958 Member

Is the pain around the chest bone or sternum? If you push on it does it make your eyes water? Also feel along the junctions where the ribs meet the chest bone. The pain of costo is just awful.

At one point, I was on Oxycontin for this pain and even tried shots right into the junctions where the ribs meet the chest bone. Nothing helped and I got fed up hearing I'd just have to "learn to live with it".

Some doctors say this is just a fibro tender spot but I am convinced this is due to chronic latent infections like mycoplasma pneumonia or chlamydia pneumonia or CPN. It can also be a symptom of under treated low thyroid.

I've got both of those infections AND a thyroid problem in addition to Lyme, Bartonella and Babesia. Once I got on long term Abx per the roadback.org protocol my chest pain went away. I was also able to get off the purple pill too. I'd been on that for GI symptoms for many years.
  7. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

My Dr. also diagnosed neuropathy,but had me muscle tested to make sure there wasent any MS going on also.
    i get it not only on the sides of my rib cage, but down the front of my thighs. its really uncomfortable, i did notice when i was taking my fish oil like i should, it wasent near as bad.

From what my Doc says, it's pretty common with Fibro/cfs
    Hope your feeling better soon :)
  8. nanannan

nanannan New Member

I had shingles around my right waist 50 years ago. 27 years ago the fibro symptoms started around my waist and hip. I have read that shingles can come back to bite you years after the lesions have healed. Could this be what's causing all the pain?

little rudy