Burning Pain & Meds

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SherrieTeacup, Nov 29, 2008.

1. SherrieTeacup

SherrieTeacup New Member

Could someone tell me if when trying new meds say for pain or depression, does it make your burning pain worse. I am finding that when the doctors try me on different antidepression meds it make my burnig pain worse. Also i have yet to find anything to help the burning pain which is the worse pain.
  2. Thia

Thia New Member

Where is your pain? Cymbalta made it worse. Hydrocodone has helped with the burning. I never had burning pain until I went through physical therapy. I think they messed up my sciatic nerve which made the fibro flare up. Every day it is something new! You think things are calming down and wham! Your body thinks of a new and interesting way to torture you!
  3. SherrieTeacup

SherrieTeacup New Member

My burning is in my arms, face & legs. I just stoped the cymbalta after a week because it gave me more burning pain. Celexa did the same thing, What do you take for the burning pain and do you take a antidepresent? Sherrie
  4. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

I have it body wide a lot of the time, it is not from any meds I take it is part of my illness.
  5. Larac.

Larac. New Member

I have had fibro since 2006---I have tried so many antidepressants and pain meds I am starting to have problems swollen....Lyrica and Cymbalta are the worse----I was soooo sick...

I found effexor xr 150, and it has been great----as far as pain meds, I did the oxycontin, morphine, ms contin, etc---these did not help with the pain---I told dr I did not want these meds----If I take any pain medicine it is vicoden, which does not help as much as it should...

My left back shoulder blade is on fire 24/7---headpain has been with me for over 2 years---it never stops----I get nerve blocks in left side of neck once a month....they seem to work well...

I use alot of heating pads and try to keep my left should and neck covered with scarfs, lidoderm patches (prescription) what ever I can to make sure the area is not exposed to cold--