Burning pain on the back of thigh

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CanBrit, Oct 2, 2005.

1. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I've been trying to get out and walk every lunch hour. Last Friday I went and little further and faster. Since then I've had a burning, raw sensation on the back of my thigh.

I guess I'm going into a flare too because my elbows and back are hurting and on Sunday I slept in untill 10:30. (I'm usually an early riser.

Has anyone else had this burning, raw pain. It feels like all the skin has been ripped off!

Thanks for any feedback.

Eileen
  2. chiapet47

chiapet47 New Member

Hello, I also have that same sensation on the side of my right leg. That is how this all started back in 1988 and whenever I have a flare up that seems to be where it always starts up again. I was told way back then, not to aggravate sore mussels but now I am hearing different and am not sure what is best, except for when I try to get up and can't (that happened two days ago)I then think I should sit and let it relax until it is better, but family and friends say that is the wrong thing to do. ?? I joined curves last week and want to go my 3 times a week but now am not sure if I would just make things worse.. what do ya think? chiapet47@yayoo.com
  3. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I think it's trial and error and different for everyone. I know that raking pine needles will put me using a cane for a week. (Found that out this spring)

If I bike with any kind of resistence, my knees swell and get sore. Walking seemed to be ok until I pushed it. I'll go back to a more relaxed pace and see if that's ok.

We have aerobic classes here at work at lunchtime and part of me wants to give it a whirl.

I think you should give Curves a go. Let me know how you feel after a session.

Regards,

Eileen