Burning Pain & Skin Soreness

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BlueIndigo, Sep 21, 2005.

1. BlueIndigo

BlueIndigo New Member

Does anybody else have a constant BURNING pain--like you're on fire--from head to toe? I've had this since the early 90's and have not met anyone else with it. I also have skin so sore that I can't wear clothes without great discomfort. Does anyone know what could help this type of burning pain & soreness?
  2. tngirl

tngirl New Member

I have some burning pain but it is not constant. Mine is in my hips. The skin there is not any more sensitive than anywhere else on my body.

Cymbalta has helped my burning pain.
  3. sherrydenice

sherrydenice New Member

I have had burning off and on since March 2002 w/ NO answers. The drs. have told me that I have symptoms of FMS but, have never told me that I have FMS for sure!

Oh, I also have the sore skin too!!! I really think sore skin and burning has to be the worse pain ever!!! I would give birth naturally all day long for a straight week before I would take burning as an option!!!

Are you ready for this??? ZOLOFT gets rid of mine! I have started Zoloft on 3 totally differance occasions and it's worked like a charm every time. So.... not sure how it plays the part in there but, it does!

Are you on any ADs?

Sherry
    [This Message was Edited on 09/21/2005]
  4. KJ2003

KJ2003 New Member

BlueIndigo,

I have the exact type of pain you are talking about and this type of pain is nerve pain. It is hard for me to wear certain clothes, too. I completely understand where you are coming from.

My doctor prescribed Neurontin for me and it is working like a charm.

There is, also, a new drug on the market called 'Lyrica' and it is supposed to be a better version of Neurontin.

However, the Neurontin seems to be working fine so I have decided not to switch. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You can print this out and take it to your doctor, if you think it may help.

I hope you get some relief soon.

Blessings to you,

Kim
  5. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

I have often told people that it feels like my nerves are on the outside of my skin. I know what you are talking about. Sometimes my hair even hurts - hard to explain.

I have been taking neurontin for 6 years - works OK but Cymbalta does seem to help as well. I just started that about 2 weeks ago and could tell right away.

Hope this helps.

Kelly
  6. BlueIndigo

BlueIndigo New Member

What is Cymbalta?
  7. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

is actually an antidepressant that they also use for FM pain. Some people on the site say you need to use alot for it to work for pain but I noticed it the first 30mg I took - now I take 60 mg and it works well.

Kelly
  8. BlueIndigo

BlueIndigo New Member

How much Neurontin do you take? I took it in the past. It helped my pain, but messed me up severely in many ways. I was wondering what might happen if I tried a smaller dose...but I'm afraid to try it.
  9. KJ2003

KJ2003 New Member

Hi Blue,

My doctor started me out at 300mg twice per day. It made me sleepy for the first week but then I was OK after that and the doctor is now prescribing 600mg three times per day.

You know, I have heard that the new Lyrica drug, which is like Neurontin, does not make people as sleepy as Neurontin tends to do.

You might want to ask your doctor about the Lyrica because I think it's available now and you could probably get free samples.

:)

Cheers,

Kim
  10. 1nixon4u

1nixon4u New Member

I have that burning firey feeling . And its not a good feeling at all. Not a whole lot I have found that really helps either. When my feet burn really bad I sometimes get like a empty 2 liter soda bottle fill with water and freeze and I will just roll it under my feet to get a little relief. Good luck to you and everyone.
  11. Mareeok

Mareeok New Member

that burning thing also. The pain is so bad along with the burning that I can't stand a soft cool breeze from an open window and a bed sheet feels like shattered glass on my skin. Does FM do that also?
  12. BlueIndigo

BlueIndigo New Member

What is RSD/CRPS? Maybe I have that?? I don't know if FM does this. I am diagnosed with CFIDS & FM. That's why I wondered if anybody else with CFIDS/FM had it.
  13. nje

nje New Member

my Doc. put me on Lyrica 2 weeks ago,2- 75mg. caps. 2 times a day. i`ve not had any more burning since i started taking it and i use to burn like wildfire,i mean you could fry an egg on my back or legs and nothing helped,except this new pill ,i never took neuontin but they say its better than that. i just know i have been feeling so much better since i started on Lyrica. tell your Dr. to let you try it,you won`t regret it. it made me sleepy the first few days but its went away. Hope you go for it,((((hugs)))) NJE
  14. Mareeok

Mareeok New Member

Reflex Sympathetic Dystropy (RSD). It recently was renames Chronic Reginal Pain Syndrome (CRPS). It is a neurological disease. There is a channel in the brain that gives you pain when you have a trauma (a fall, sprain, operation, child birth, etc). Instead of the pain going away when the trauma is over RSD tricks the brain into thinking there is now a BIGGER trauma so causes the pain to get excruciating. It can also cause atrophy and degeneration. The Dx for RSD and FM sometimes gets mixed up. There is more exhaustion and tiredness with FM than with RSD even though the pain of RSD does wipe you out. ((( Please, any FM people correct me if I am wrong. I don't have your wisdom regarding FM. I joined this group to learn more about FM since it is my secondary problem. )))

RSD usually begins in a limb but can jump from one limb to another and can spread up or down a limb. It also can go full body (which is the case with me now). The pain is a red hot stabbing pain turning the skin red/dark purple and can change to an icy cold freezing pain causing the skin to turn an ashen grey color. The pain is so intense a slight breeze from an open window or the touch of a bed sheet can make you scream. It also causes severe pins and needles with accompanying pain that feels like there are thiusands of angry bees under your skin or someone is stabbing you with a red hot poker. There is often swelling in different degrees. There are different degrees of RSD. I had them all. Pain so severe it will confine you to bed in agony where you want to cut off the offending limb....to moderate pain after a day out walking around ....to partial or complete remission for a certain amount of time. The pain can increase for no apparent reason whether you are engaged in a lot of activity or are doing absolutely nothing.
  15. moonbeam032365

moonbeam032365 New Member

Sometimes i can be outside and the slightist wind my skin will feel a little like pain. It is a wierd feeling.
  16. Flaxen

Flaxen New Member

I also have burning pain..what do they treat that with?..makes a lot of sense since I have had multiple surgeries.Thanks.