burning pain under left breast.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by spk, Nov 10, 2002.

1. spk

spk New Member

I am 56 years old and experiencing for a year and a half now a chronic condition presenting symptons of a burning sensation in the left breast. I have had all sorts of exams and tests. No one knows what this is. Cold presses help and some anti inflamatories are some relief. I have tried chiropractors, massage and other things. Nothing really helps long term. The ribs attached to my sternum are sensitive to the touch and actually this feels like a nerve pain.

Does anyone else have these symptons and a cure?
    Thanks.
  2. spk

spk New Member

I am 56 years old and experiencing for a year and a half now a chronic condition presenting symptons of a burning sensation in the left breast. I have had all sorts of exams and tests. No one knows what this is. Cold presses help and some anti inflamatories are some relief. I have tried chiropractors, massage and other things. Nothing really helps long term. The ribs attached to my sternum are sensitive to the touch and actually this feels like a nerve pain.

Does anyone else have these symptons and a cure?
    Thanks.
  3. lease79

lease79 New Member

I'm 23, but I also get a horrible burning under my left breast, right down to the bottom of the rib cage & I get a horrible popping sensation under that side of the ribs.
    Comes & goes with me, but feels like swelling. So bad sometimes that my whole chest feels like it's on fire & I can't breathe.
    I get the pain where the ribs attach to the sternum too, So it makes me think Costrocronditis.

Lease
  4. tedebear

tedebear New Member

You can't make it stop. Eventually it subsides some. I wish I knew how to make the pain go away. These last 3 days have been brutal with the pain. I told my husband if there isn't some significant improvement and easing of pain by Weds. I'm going to the doctor to check it out. It is frightening to say the least. Also a jabbing like someone is twisting a knife in there.
    Soft hugs.
  5. robsgal15

robsgal15 New Member

The reason I mention this, is b/c when I had a bulged lower disk in my back, I had terrible pain in my groin area. Thought it was appendicitus (sp?).

Also, my neck is acting up like crazy, causing me soooo much pain. It causes buring pain in my shoulder as if someone was stabbing me w/a hot poker. Does this sound right?

Ask your doctor about this re-directed pain. It could be as simple as this if there is nothing else going on.

Gentle hugs you way and hope you are feeling better soon.

rbsgal
  6. SayCheese

SayCheese New Member

Hi, I know chestpain can be one of the symptoms of fibro, but from what you describe about the iron ring it does sound more like something that comes with MS. It is called the MS hug and is a neurological thing. Does it feel like you're being squeezed? Any chest tightness needs to be evaluated by a doctor, I think. And maybe all you need is a chiropractor to adjust your back so the ribcage can expand better.

Good luck and greetings from SayCheese
  7. sheri

sheri New Member

i HAVE THAT TOO, sometimes it subsides, I also think it is costrochondritis, as my ribs are tender, especialy the lower ones. In fact, if I "walk" my fingertips around on my chest, I can find a lot of tender spots-but the burning you are talking about I experience a lot. Sometimes, I put my cold hand there and it seems to feel better(temporarily), I go see my md mondy and I'm going to ask her about it, though I've had it a long time, I've never mentioned it to her. Right now, my stomach, and under L. rib is hurting, and has been for a few weeks. May be an ulcer as I have a sensitive stomach and was on Prednisone.
    Tried to Dr. it w/Zantac(with my MD's approval and Mylanta, but to no avail, we have to get something stronger, like Prilosac, (I guess) but its always one part of the body or another isn't it? Blessings, sheri
  8. HiFive

HiFive New Member

I'm taking A&P and have just learned that the ribs are connected to the sternum with bands of "fibrocartilage."
    That could be one explanation for the rib pain. It's actually pain in the fibrocartilage.....Fibromyalgia. Isn't that what fibromyalgia is....pain, swelling, breaking down of the fibrous tissue in our bodies. It makes sense being that this is at a very deep level in our bodies. Just thinking out loud.
    pam
  9. spk

spk New Member

Thanks all who have responded to my inquiry. I have not figured out how to respond back to sender..