Burning Pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MAGIE, Sep 5, 2002.

1. MAGIE

MAGIE New Member

For the last two weeks I had this burning pain in my lower back. It comes and goes. Does anyone thinks is do to fibro?
    Anyone having the same feeling?
    Thank you.
    Magie
  2. MAGIE

MAGIE New Member

For the last two weeks I had this burning pain in my lower back. It comes and goes. Does anyone thinks is do to fibro?
    Anyone having the same feeling?
    Thank you.
    Magie
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

It seems I only get the burning pain in the lower back if I stain muscles working. Usually I get muscle spasms more than the burning with the Fibro, but you just never know with this illness.

We have had a few threads on the burning though, so it is common, but I don't know if its Fibro or a combination of something else too.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. TDM

TDM New Member

I frequenly have burning pain. Usually in the lower legs; occasionally in the shoulders. It is often a precurser to greater pain.
  5. nje

nje New Member

I HAVE BURNING FEELINGS A LOT IN MY LEGS,BACK,ARMS,IT SKIPS AROUND,ITS A WEIRD FEELING, BUT USUALLY GOES AWAY EVENTUALLY.I THINK IT COMES FROM THE FIBRO.
  6. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

hard to tell with this crazy disease! Is it a burning pain as in sunburn or a deep burning pain? Are you having other symptoms like as in a urinary tract infection or gyne problems?

You may want to keep a daily journal of when you get the pain, what you were doing when you got it, what makes it worse/better, etc. I started to keep a journal, b/c some of the symptoms were changing from day to day, & I couldn't remember all of them! I think it helped the dr w/ his dx though. As well as the timetable of when my symptoms started & what preceded them (in my case 2 separate viral infections).

Let us know how you're doing. Michele
  7. Dara

Dara New Member

that feels like a "hot toothache" is the only way I can describe it. It's in the area from the top of my shulder to my collar bone. This is almost a "constant" with me. This doesn't count the other areas that are extremely painful, sore, muscle spasms and all that.

Dara
  8. PMangels

PMangels New Member

I get burning pain at any given place or time. And it is an everyday occurance. It can be on the bottom or top of my feet and toes, shoulders, arms, top of my hands, hips, thoracic region on my back, or top of my head. I can not stand the air conditioning as cold as I use to because it makes my skin hurt. In the car I have to make sure the air is not blowing on me directly. The burning like yours comes and goes; moves from one place to the other. Just a thought (maybe someone else would know); FM is not an inflamatory condition, so why then do we have the burning? Does anyone have an answer to that? I guess I never thought to ask my rheumy about that.

Hugs
    Arlene

9. klutzo

klutzo New Member

....is what my Rheumy calls it, meaning that the nervous system is inappropriatly sending out messages of burning.It can also be called causalgia or reflex sympathetic dystrophy. You can do a search on these to find out more. They are related to FMS. I get burning all over, esp. my face and arms, and they sometimes turn beet red too.
    Klutzo
  10. PMangels

PMangels New Member

You are a jewel! Thanks for the information and I will definitly check this out. I just love this site because we never stop learning about our illness. It's only through learning and understanding that we can help ourselves. There is always someone here to help us and this time Klutzo came through. Bless you.

(((Gentle HUGS)))
    Arlene