Burning sensation in leg

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Five0, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Five0

Five0 New Member

I have this burning sensation in my left leg that will not go away. I have tried neurotin, amytriptilan, and other meds and it just won't go away. Can someone give me advise on what I can take to get rid of this.
  2. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

I used to have tingling and burning in my legs and feet...I used b12 shots and also drank lots of water to flush out body acids. I alwo worked toward eating more raw green foods to raise the body alkalinity - called an alkaline diet. You can search this site for alkaline and you'll find a lot of postings.
  3. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I had that in my right leg. My leg was also swollen and red, and hot to the touch. I had an infection in the cells (called cellulitis, believe it or not!) and was on IV antibiotics for 6 weeks. They put in a PICC line so I could do it at home.

My mother had it about a year before I did and almost lost her leg. Then she had to live at my house for the 6 weeks so I could take care of her. She actually had to have surgery so I had to clean the incision and everything. Ugh!

Please take care! I don't want to hear that it happened to you!

God Bless.
  4. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I get alot of burning down both legs if I've walked too much, pulled some weeds, rode in the car, etc.

If massage & arnica gel doesn't take it away, I have these great chinese herbs "Plum Flower Brand" called
    Solitary Hermit. You can get them on line, and they're inexpensive.

I only take l/2 of what they recommend because they work so well for me.

LIGHT***********carole
  5. Keeshondmom

Keeshondmom New Member

HEllo,

I have a burning sensation from the right side of my neck down my arm and into my hand. Its there all the time and becomes far worse if I bend my hand the wrong way or extend my forward, as if to grasp a steering wheel. After countless tests and treatments, its been decided that I have incapsulated nerves that may have been caused by repeated falls or injuries. So far I am going to Physical Therapy 2x weekly and they do some stretching, which really reduces the burning and pain for up to 2 days.
    I hope this helps, gay
  6. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

sort of sounds like sciatica........think i spelled it right.

go to webmd and see. once in a blue moon i get that too. sometimes just the sensation of a piece of clothing touching a certain area on the leg will send me thru the roof.

mine comes and goes tho. maybe 3-4 times a year.

hope you have a less painful day today.

kim