Burning sensation on the tongue....anyone else?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RoZzZ, Jan 29, 2003.

1. RoZzZ

RoZzZ New Member

This is a new one for me, but for the last couple of days I have had a burning sensation on my tongue, just like I have burnt it from eating something hot.It is also feeling very dry.
    Has anyone ever had this experience? If so what did you do about it, if anything. And better still, what is it?

I appreciate any advise...Thank you!
    ROS
  2. bobolee

bobolee New Member

Hi ROS,
    Not too long ago I just posted the same question. I am the last person to answer your question, because I am new to this symptom too. I had the very same problem. I just don't know what makes it happen. The only thing that helped for me was to suck on Ice cubes. I am in a flare up and have had many symptoms I have never had before, and this was one. It did go away, but still I get the sensation for short periods of time off and on. I will be anxiously reading you feedback for myself!
    Best of luck
    Bobolee
  3. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

I am so sorry to hear that you are having this. Mine got so bad a few years ago..I wept. I saw an MD I saw the dentist, I saw the oral surgeon..nobody could find anything wrong..thankfully!

I started reading about it. Yes, it can be a fibro symptom...BUT..I do not know how old you are..but it can also be a peri menopausal or menopausal symptom. For me..I am leaning towards the latter. In any case..the thing that gets rid of it for me .. is taking 800 units of vitamin E. After it has subsided you can cut back..but at the first hint of it coming back..up your E again.

Hope this helps you and/or others. Good luck! ..Sherry
  4. 2girls

2girls New Member

Hi Ros -

The burning tongue thing is one of my more annoying symptoms I have had on and off for the past 6 months (more on than off). I suspect yeast because I also have the white tongue coating and mouth sores. Sugar seems to flare my tongue so I am avoiding it as best I can. Drinking plenty of water is helpful.
  5. ozgran

ozgran New Member

on the tip of my tongue. I have it often and sometimes around the inside of the mouth as well. I think it is candida as I did the spit test that has been talked about on the posts in the last few days. I had the legs running down last two mornings. Apart from that I am sooooooooo happy to see you back on the board. I did a post asking if anyone had seen any posts from you. I was worried about you with all the fires. Hope you weren't involved with them. We have been seeing some awful scenes on the TV with all the fires around haven't we???. Just wish there could be some rain to put them all out. Love Ozgran.
  6. CATLADY912

CATLADY912 New Member

I HAD THE VERY SAME THING . COULD NOT FIGURE OUT WHAT MADE MY TONGUE FEEL LIKE THAT. WENT TO THE DENTIST AND HE REALLY DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT IT WAS. IT LASTED FOR ME FOR ABOUT A WEEK AND THAN WENT AWAY. NEVER DID FIND OUT WHAT IT WAS. IF ANYONE KNOWS I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MYSELF. AND THIS HAPPENED BEFORE I KNEW I HAD FIBRO. JANICE