burning sensation

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by katco, Sep 20, 2008.

1. katco

katco New Member

Ok, I have been posting out here looking for answers to all my problems.... here's the latest. I had some tingling/burning in my tongue, then it went to one side of the roof of my mouth. It would come and go. Now all of a sudden last night my nose starts burning. It's not like the nostrils, rather in the skin or something. It travels to my forehead now. Anyone else have this?
  2. kingd2

kingd2 New Member

It's not all the time , but frequenty.I don't have any pimples.
  3. ABLUV

ABLUV New Member

I burn on various parts of my body. At times my tongue feels like someone put a hot iron on one side of it but like a flash it's gone - it's weird. When my arms or feet burn, they burn for longer periods of time. The only thing I know about this symptom is that it stems from the nervous system.

Since I've been taking epsom salt baths and taking topamax
    I don't have this symptom as much as I used to. I'm not sure which of the two controlled the burning but if you try the epsom salts it will nourish your nervous system.
  4. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Many years ago the burning sensation is what sent me to the Dr. It felt like my arm had been scalded - I couldn't even have air blow across it without hurting. I could write with a marker where the pain started and stopped. It was weird. Now it's believed that was all part of my Fibro since I had a nerve conductor test and all came back fine.

Never had it in my mouth (yet) - but that sensation is common among some Fibro sufferers.