burning, stinging eyes / rib pains

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by robbp2093, Sep 23, 2005.

1. robbp2093

robbp2093 New Member

Has anyone out there experienced stinging, burning eyes, and/or rib pain as a symptom of FM?

Thanks.

- Rob
  2. cafe52

cafe52 New Member

I have been having rib pain the last couple of days I use to have it quite a bit years ago and my eyes have been feeling really irritated lately don't know if they are stinging but they have diffinaltely been irritated.

3. robbp2093

robbp2093 New Member

Thanks cafe. Every once in a while I get little sharp pains in the rib areas of my chest. Hopefully this won't last...
  4. robbp2093

robbp2093 New Member

You so hit the nail on the head. My eyes seem to burn worse by evening time as well. It drives me crazy! If I find any relief at all, I'll be sure to let you know.

THanks again.
  5. Angel6801

Angel6801 New Member

Oh I do have problem with eyes burning and stinging. It is good to know that I am not alone. I also have problem with dryness. And yes.. I do have pain in ribs... But not always.
  6. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

Just had a bout with the burning eyes. Seems to have gotten worse from a bad headache. Eye doctor says allergies and put me on prescription steroid drops for a week. Now, I must put in liquid tears daily as I get the dry eye syndrome without having Sjogrens.

Also get the rib cage pain. Dr. called it costochondritis and I get this often. Heating pad and tylenol is all I can take.

I don't have great solutions--but at least you know you're not alone with these problems.

T
  7. robbp2093

robbp2093 New Member

Myro, Angel, Tania,

It is a huge relief that I'm not the only one with these symptoms. The stinging eyes drives me crazy! And the rib pains come and go. I can only hope these symptoms will go away with time. It gets to you after a while...
    Ibuprofin seems to help, but the thought of taking it every day worries me.

Thank you all for the imput.
  8. dipsydo

dipsydo New Member

yes, yes - and the burning, stinging eye thing is helped - sometime - by claratin -however, not all the time - depends on the season- the rib pain - is awful and it also comes and goes - very confusing -hot baths-sometimes-]
    but again - I've about decided this is not allergies-but just a another symptom.
  9. rhonda357

rhonda357 New Member

Robb,
    You might want to check ankylosing spondylitis. Eyes and ribs are both signs. Good luck.
    Rhonda
  10. robbp2093

robbp2093 New Member

Thanks everyone for the valuable replies.

I had no idea others experienced similar symptoms. I have always been very healthy and then this just came on out of nowhere. It's been almost three months now and these flu-like symptoms (stinging eyes, rib cage pains, feverish feelings) keep coming and going. It can really bring you down and throw a huge damper on your life.

Does anyone know what causes FM? How long will this last? I'm not sure how much longer I can deal w/this...

- Rob
  11. elastigirl

elastigirl New Member

... but had to switch to glasses (darkly tinted) just to make it through the day. The burning/stinging is unrelated to computer usage; I've experienced it even when I didn't watch tv or use a computer at all.

Ever since I was pregnant with my son, the rib which he pressed his foot against still bothers me to this day. Over five years' time, this has become one of my rare symptoms (TG!)
  12. robbp2093

robbp2093 New Member

elast,

sounds like you've had to deal w/this for quite a while. I hope you find some relief out there. If I find anything I'll be sure to let you know. Hang in there.

- Rob
  13. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

just thought id mention, i have yet to be diagnosed with fm or cfs. But I to have the burning, stinging eyes and the rib pains. But my rib pains come randomly and not to often. But when they do come they are very sharp pains and don't last more than a minute usually. Don't know if yours act the same way. Ive been sick for almost 3 months now, so I don't know if these are symptoms of fm since I haven't been diagnosed. But I hope they aren't :(. I to feel the flu like symptoms. Good luck with overcoming yours, im still working on mine :(

take care,
    trevor
  14. sues1

sues1 New Member

Yes to both. Ribs are not bad all the time. Just off and on. Or I will reach or turn for something and the muscles seem to "catch" and is sore for a while.

On the eyes.......My eye doctor says that is so common with Fibro people. He finds this to be a common complaint. So use good liquid tears several times a day and try tinted or dark glasses. I see better with dark lenses. Sometimes bright lights gives my eyes stabbing like needle pain or I can not open my eyes all the way.
    He says my eyes are fine really..........

It is nice to find doctors that now recognize Fibro/CFIDS problems. More and more are truely accepting this inane disease(s).
  15. robbp2093

robbp2093 New Member

Trevor,

Yeah, besides the stinging eyes, I get the sharp rib pains randomly as well. They usually last less than a minute. I wish there was some way out of this mess. I've also been feeling like this for almost 3 months. I'm trying to deal with this crud... If I find any relief, I'll be sure to let you know. Hang in there.

- Rob
  16. robbp2093

robbp2093 New Member

Sues1,

I feel a lot better knowing I'm not the only one with the burning eye, rib pain thing. And you are right, the bright lights kinda hurt my eyes as well.

Thanks a lot for the good info.

-Rob