Burning the nerve ending???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by webintrig, Oct 30, 2006.

1. webintrig

webintrig New Member

I was wondering if anyone knows about this procedure and/or have had this done?
    I would appreciate any answers or feedback on this procedure?
    Thanks for all your respondances in advance!

Love,
    webby
  2. browneyelady48

browneyelady48 New Member

Yes, I know about it and have had it done 3 times to my neck. It works great for me. It is called Radio Frequency.

It normaly takes up to 3 weeks to get the full effect from the procedure and will last up to 6 months for me. But you do get some relieve right away, but the full effect in up to 2 or 3 week.

I can not function without it. I had a motorcycle accident 2 years ago and messed up my neck and this is all that helps me.

Without it I cant lift my neck and have severe migrains everyday and the back of my head hurts. The first 2 procedured also helped my shoulder, but the last one hasnt helped it much. The Dr. must have missed a spot.
    If I can help answer any other questions, I will be more than happy to. Love Brenda
  3. webintrig

webintrig New Member

For replying!!

I didn't know what the name was of this procedure.

I looked it up under the name you gave me, "Radio Frequency" and it looks like that is what my dr. was talking about burning my nerve endings.

I was a little concerned about it and wanted to research it but didn't have a name for it.
    Thanks for letting me know the name.

The procedure says something is implanted under your skin and disturbs out medicine directly to the nerve ending.

It says it is use for pain in FMS people. Mainly for the back area and hips, too.

One article that was on this says it is not for the neck.

Maybe that is why you had to get it done over again so many times.

Are you still getting this procedure or are you fine now?

It looks promising but not to sure about the implant part on a pump or a hospital stay.

Am I correct about the implant part?

Thanks again!
    webby

4. browneyelady48

browneyelady48 New Member

you might want to keep google the radio frequency. I dont know of anything that is implanted.

I had a xray done by the orthopedic dr and they could see where the disc in my neck was narrowing away compressing on the nerves and he sent me to a pain specalist.

You are awake when the procedure is done and you are under a xray machine so he can see where he needs to burn the nerves. I only had something local for pain, and he burns the nerves that are affected. Hope this helps. Love Brenda
  5. webintrig

webintrig New Member

for telling how the procedure goes!

Yeah I google it and the articles were saying something about implanting something.

It sounds like a piece of cake procedure.

I just thought I would ask and see if someone had it done and could tell me how it went.

Well, you have eased my fears.

Thanks again my friend and I am so glad this procedure has help you!

Soft hugs,
    webby