Burning Toes

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sassykat, Nov 17, 2005.

1. sassykat

sassykat New Member

Hi everyone;

I have a quick question that I hope someone can help me with. I went shopping yesterday with my hubby and really over did it. I've been up since two in the morning and can't get any relief from the pain in my legs. But that's not whats worrying me...it's my toes. Two toes on my left foot started hurting yesterday, but today they are too painful to touch. They feel like they are swollen and burning. Has anyone else experienced this and if so what is it and what do you do for it. Thanks for listening.
    Sassykat
  2. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

I have what they call a Morton's Neuroma. All it is is the nerve that goes through the "knuckles" of the balls of my feet into the toes are swollen because the mechanics of my feet are not good.

The nerves are normally the size of a hair but the one that I had removed in my right foot in 1995 was the size of a large pea.

I now am having problems with one in my left foot and went to a podiatrist a couple weeks ago and the good news is that you do not have to have surgery to get relief. He said you can get something for your shoe that helps the way you put pressure on the balls of your feet and it should help.

I have not yet followed up on it - I have not had time yet.

I don't know if that is what you have or not - the toes I have problems with are the two right next to the little toe. It is very painful!!!

Maybe do a search on google to see if it sounds like something that is the same? Let me know.

Kelly
  3. sassykat

sassykat New Member

Hi Kelly, Thanks for your response. I googled Morton's, but no, it doesn't seem like the description for that. I'm beginning to think it may be caused by poor circulation. I'm going to the Dr's Mon. so I'll find out then. Thanks again...
    Sassykat
  4. gnanny

gnanny New Member

I had intense burning in the big toe. At that time I was seeing a naturopath. When I asked her about it she said most likely it was my system 'detoxing'...really did smart too!

best wishes, stephanie
  5. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

it is good you go on Monday!

Kelly