Burning Up - But Temperature is Low

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TaniaF, Apr 8, 2011.

1. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

Anyone else have this. I feel feverish but my temp is below 98.6 degrees. If I ever hit 99 - I'm sick.

I also get diaphram and rib aches - could this make me feel feverish? inflammation?

My immune system bloodwork is abnormal and I was diagnosed with CFIDS, however I know I have Fibro too. Have all the trigger points.
  2. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

The feeling feverish with a lower temperature is common in these illnesses.

However the rib and diaphragm aches along with the off bloodwork and you having had your gallbladder out makes me think you should get thoroughly rechecked by a doctor just in case.

I also have low body temp and have to have a really bad flu for it to hit 99!

Bunchy x

3. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

Just had an ultrasound and x-rays done at the ER yesterday - all is well. But I have had bouts of what is called costochondritis before. Wondering if costo attachs the diaphram bones along with the sternum and ribs. Well, I believe the diaphram is part of the ribs.

What I mean about off bloodwork is that my WBC count is low - have had that for over 30 years. And just had an evaluation of my killer cells (T-cells) which points to virus issues versus autoimmune.[This Message was Edited on 04/08/2011]
  4. luigi21

luigi21 Member

common symptom in fibro, we do things in centigrade here so my body temperature often drops to 35.8 but i feel hot and sweaty. mostly happens at night, so i have to usually get up and get my circulation going, and have a warm drink maybe put my heat pads on. More to do with the body slowing down at night and our out of whack autonomic nervous system. if your worried though always check with doctor

hope this helps
  5. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Please consider that you may have a chronic Borrelia burgdorferi and Bartonella infection.

Borrelia burgdorferi (lyme) keeps the body subnormal, but can run fevers that are 99+.

Bartonella commonly causes rib pain.

Both these chronic infections cause fatigue, pain and many other symptoms.

Many others here have found that they had lyme and common coinfections causing their symptoms.

Remember that FM and CFIDS have no known cause, and these infections (and others too) could be the cause of it.

symptom list p 9-11, symptom info for lyme, bartonella, basesia, etc p 22-27 of the following paper:

the following booklet has a comprehensive symptom list and a list of diagnoses that lyme patients are commonly misdiagnosed with...

6. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

I suspected I have/had Lyme and have obsessed this issue with several of my doctors. They ran bloodtests and blot test with LabCorp & Quest and all have been negative (at least 3 times). I even had a bullnose ring rash at one time. Pathologists said it was inflammatory. But, since I live in south Florida, they said the risk of me contracting Lyme (and I haven't been away from this area) is very nil. This answer has been from my conservative MDs to an integrative DO doctor.

I don't know what else to do -

I believe the disease is real, but I think my risk factors in this area is smaller than other parts of the US.

I was told rib aches can also be costochondritis and a form of arthritis[This Message was Edited on 04/08/2011]
  7. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

It could be Costochondritis - I don't know about others here but mine tends to vary from a "badly bruised" feeling - and hurts when pressed - to all out stabbing pains that come and go.

It is always there but varies in intensity - it's worse when I am feeling stressed. The rib(s) on my left side are the worst affected.

Tends to be in and around the lower ribs.

There's quite a lot of info about it online.

Hope you feel better soon.

Love Bunchy x
    [This Message was Edited on 04/08/2011]
  8. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

A bullseye rash is diagnostic for Lyme disease.

The lab tests for Lyme, especially from regular labs like LabCorp are very unreliable.

My tests from LabCorp were negative also, but I have Lyme and Bartonella.

Many people in FL have contracted Lyme disease. Ticks are everywhere.

You can call rib aches what ever you want, but the real question is "what caused it?"

Calling it costochondritis does not answer that question, it only gives it a name, which just means "inflammation of rib cartilage".

Common sense tells us that inflammation is often caused by infection.

I urge you to go to lymenet.org....click on flash discussion.....sign up for free.....click on the "Seeking a Doctor" board.......click on "Post a New Topic" and create a post asking for a "LLMD (Lyme literate MD) in FL".

Also go to lymenet.org's "Medical Questions board" and read posts and post your own questions.

Read the links that I sent you before.

See if you can get a Dr to order a western blot IgG and IgM (test #188 and #189) from Igenex lab in CA.

www.igenex.com Call for a free test kit. Requires prepayment by credit card or check...was $200 when I had it done, check with Igenex for current cost.

Tell your Dr that you are paying for it and you insist because you had a bullseye rash and you have many lyme symptoms.

Find the symptom check list in the booklet I posted in the link in my other response to you.

Print it and fill it out and show your Dr how many symptoms you have.

You do not deserve to remain sick forever because Dr's are uneducated about Lyme, Bartonella, Babesia, etc.

Do the research yourself and find help for yourself. That's what I had to do and many others here and on lymenet.org.
  9. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Here's an article about lyme disease in Florida: