Burning up , Headache- but no fever

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Brownie08, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Brownie08

Brownie08 New Member

So I have been on the board complaining about a low grade fever for four months. The good news is that the fever is gone...at least for now. The bad news is that I am still so hot. My face and ears are on fire - I would think I have a 104 fever...but it is below 98.6 now. BUT I have a headache that just wont go away. I wake up feeling good and by 9:30 am...my brain feels like it is swelling out of my head. Nothing takes it away...Standard drugs and otherwise.

Does anyone have any ideas...It is so hard to function with this pain in my head...every single day.

2. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

I don't have any answers for you, just my sympathy and understanding. Are you having migraines? Have you seen a DR about it?

I hope you feel better soon. Hugs, Robin
  3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Unless you deal with painful headaches people just don't understand how debilating they can be. When you say standard drugs and otherwise, what do you mean?
    Have you tried headache meds prescribed by a doc?
    Topamax is great for headaches. Have you tried that yet?

I certainly hope you can find some relief soon.

4. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

You'd swear you had a hundred and ten fever, but the thermo swears it's normal or low.

Just alot of rest gets rid of it. Never really found anything else. It goes away when it wants to. Drink alot of water to flush your system. Once in awhile tylenol will actually help this, but not always.
  5. Brownie08

Brownie08 New Member

I have not tried Topomax yet...I am hoping it will go away without fooling my body. I take Advil at times and when it is really bad some stronger meds that the Dr gave me...but that is for overall pain in the body...perhaps that is why it is not helping with the headache.

I have had this for years and years...but I am now in the heights of this DD. I read about all of you in various stages and fear it getting worse...like many of you experience.

Thank goodness for boards like this, where we can feel like we are not losing our minds..and be part of a community that "gets it"!