Burning

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by honkers, Jul 19, 2006.

1. honkers

honkers New Member

Hi is there anyone out there who has burning/stinging pain as well as aching? I get all my pain mostly in the lower body but I thought that FMS was widespread pain. Is it possible to have FMS and only have pain in legs/hips/buttocks. Also does anyone know if peripheral neuropathy is a feature of FMS. Thank you so much Pauline
  2. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I get burning pain in my feet and legs. I think it's part of FM as my rheumatologist has quite a few FM patients with it.

He suggested Lyrica for it but I feel like I'm on too many meds as it is right now.

It's been really bad lately, partly due to too much going on and partly due to the humid weather.

Good luck.....

Eileen
  3. bct

bct Well-Known Member

Hi Pauline, I get burning on my feet, legs, thighs, abdomen, and torso, though not usually all at the same time.

I have been diagnosed with Peripheral Neuropathy of unexplained origin.

I have CFS, no FM.

I was given Neurontin to ease the sensations, but the side effects were too much for me (made me feel dopey and think slow.) So I AM aware of the feeling of burning, but I am trying to not let it take control of my awareness. When it's not burning, then it is an icy tingling.

You are not alone. I have read on this board that a number of our members have PN with FM, so you should get plenty of replies.

Best Wishes,
    Barry

PS: I see you are in London. I lived in England for a number of years, mainly around Newbury, but went to school for a few years in London. I was born in Dunstable and have dual citizenship.[This Message was Edited on 07/19/2006]