Burnt Toast;Activated charcoal, The Shake; Bionutrients.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mrpain, Jun 11, 2006.

1. mrpain

mrpain New Member

First of all I just wanted to say I've been on "The Shake" now for a week and the first two days it seemed like it gave me some energy. Of course, it could have just been a couple of good days anyway but I'm not sure.

After that, the rest of the week wasn't as good. Should I increase the whey protein or flax seeds, or just continue what I'm doing and give it more time?

Also, I started on the bionutrients that Mike Reynolds was talking about which included, L-Methionine, L-Glutamine, L-Cysteine, and shark cartilage. Also DL-Phenylalanine. Is all that with the shake a good mixture??

I would like to know because I'll be starting my second week of taking all that plus my other supplements & vitamins....

And lastly, Is burnt toast the same as activated charcoal, and how many slices does it take to get rid of the toxins??
    Any info. would be greatly appreciated...........
  2. mrpain

mrpain New Member

that the shake was for sleep and depression.. I thought it was suppose to help with energy... Wow; I'll have to rethink this.. What are the bionutrients for? Maybe I'm in left field on all this... Somebody please give more info..
  3. ellikers

ellikers New Member

I am very sure that burnt toast is NOT equivalent to activated charcoal. I was actually really concerned to read that someone on here was advocating that.

The two substances are completely different. Furthermore, I would strongly advise against using activated charcoal. The only use for activated charcoal in the body is to bind to SOME toxins in the stomach and THEN be is pumped out in a hospital (usually and ER) or vomited up. It doesn't "eat up" toxins it only adsorbs them so they don't enter the rest of your body (and it has to be taken out of body for it work- through pumping etc).

I really don't think it is at all possible for the charcoal to draw toxins out of the rest of the body. It is not safe for general consumption.

This is information I know from reliable sources (emergency first aid education and from an EMT).

4. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

The shake seems to be helping with my sleep, sometimes sleep two hours at a time now.

I've been using it for about a month. I don't remember when I started and it is such a habit now that I don't really think about it.

I do have more energy in the morning, but that could be because I am now eating breakfast!

The other thing it has helped with is my chronic constipation. I haven't taken a stool softener or laxitive in two weeks and everything seems to be working fine.

Between the apple in the shake (I also add raspberries and blueberries to make enough to have some at about 10 am) and the apple I eat at lunch (and of course those berries) everthing is moving along nicely!

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  5. mrpain

mrpain New Member

What time of the day is best for drinking it. I've been doing it first thing in the morning...
  6. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

I think it is best to take the aminos always with VIT B6
    and not with a meal or protein. I take mine in the morning
    and give them time to absorb before eating food , which can interfere . They have really helped my spirits and
    brain fog .

In my opinion, activated charcoal can be useful to bind toxins in the bowel. HOWEVER , it will block absorption of other meds or supplements . You can not take meds or supps within a two hour window .

I have taken the charcoal at times for detox die off from lyme bacteria . If i use it , I take two capsules at night before sleep, long after meds , supps, and nutrients have passed through . It is not a good idea to take the charcoal two or three times a day for a long time , I do not think. You may lose some of your essential nutrients if you overdo it .

7. ellikers

ellikers New Member

Annxyz: Where did you find that out? Has it just been from your personal experience or have you been recommended to take it bby some sort of health care worker? Have you seen any articles or research about it? I'm very curious ... I like researching random health stuff, especially things that are controversial. I hope you don't take this as my being confrontational, I'm just interested. :)

And you have found benefits from amino acids? This is another issue I am interested in ... from everything I have read and been taught from my nutrition class, taking amino acid supplements doesn't work because you body doesn't have an infinite amount of resources to process them ... it just goes unused. But if people are finding benefits, obviously more research needs to be done! :)
  8. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

My son, who has CFIDS, gets a lot of nausea. His doc, who is a regular MD supposedly but has a keen interest in nutritional therapy and food allergies, says to alternate "black and white" for tummy troubles. The black is activated charcoal, which should not be taken within a 2 hour window of your supplements. The white is milk of magnesia. I think it helps him...he gets so nauseous that he can't eat. It seems to hang in there, but when I remember to do the "black and white" it helps him to feel a bit better.