Bursitis on Both Heels

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fallchild1, Jul 24, 2003.

1. fallchild1

fallchild1 New Member

Anyone have the same problem? if so, how do you get rid of the pain?
    Thanks
    Jamie
  2. babyjoan

babyjoan New Member

Hi Jamie,

I have had busitis in the heels. What finally helped me was a trip to medical supply store and purchased these shaped things (I don't remember what they were called) that you put in your shoes. They really really helped. If it is severe you may need to get a shot of cortisone. Mine was severe but the "shoe things" eliminated the pain within a week. Hope this helps and I'm sorry you are in pain. Hang tough!

Babyjoan
    [This Message was Edited on 07/25/2003]
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Jamie, welcome to the board. I thought I had bursitis in on heel, it turned out to be a bone spur. I went to a podiatrist and he made special heel cups for my shoes.

I also took 'Glucosamine & Chondroitin' which healed it, its been over 5 years ago and I have never had any trouble with it since.

Hope this helps, and again welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. fallchild1

fallchild1 New Member

I have the gel cups from my ortho and Physical Therapy and ice, yet no relief, cant do the cotisone shots, I'm diabetic, tried the injections one on the feet, raised my blood sugar over 300 so thats out.
    Guess I will give the above treatment more time and see what happens.
    Thanks
    Jamie
  5. Lady9872

Lady9872 New Member

I was diagnosed with Fibro in 1992 and had the bursitis in both heels several years ago. It was so bad I couldn't walk I had to walk on my toes to the bathroom and hang on to the walls and furniture. This pain was worse than any pain or tooth ache I had ever had. I went to a Podiatrist and he injected the inside of my foot with Cortisone and then he soaked them in a whirlpool, then he wrapped them with tape, across the bottoms and around the side of my foot and I had to wear that for several days and put my feet in plastic bags to bathe. I saw him several times. Then he told me absolutely no bare feet and I never wore shoes and when I did they were sandals. Well, I had to get special inserts in my shoes and then started buying SAS shoes or good athletic shoes. I also had to learn to wrap my feet with athlectic sport tape everyday and did that for several years. The inserts were Spenco Polysorb replacement insoles. I have worn them for several years and have no pain in my heels but I don't go barefoot very often and I almost always wear the SAS shoes. The best bet is to go to a foot doctor. I also see a rhuemotologist for the Fibro and take ultram, zoloft and nortriptyline for the Fibro. Hope this will help you. Pat
    [This Message was Edited on 07/25/2003]

[ advertisement ]