Bursitis, Tendonitis and Work? How do you do it?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kellygirl, Oct 24, 2008.

1. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

I was given another two weeks off to go to PT for bursitis in my shoulder and then return to work?

This is what it is from, my job.

I finally returned to work after knee surgery and PT, 5 months, and now have developed bursitis in the left shoulder. I was dx with tendonitis in the right elbow.

I think my body is trying to tell me something, maybe screaming at me.

At 55, I think it is time to get out of the direct-care field. One client told me she thinks the people coming in to help her are worse off than she is!LOL (it's true, but we need $$$$)

Anyway, anyone work with all the pain and how do you do it?
  2. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

I decided not to even try to continue with this job anymore.

I am going to start up selling wholesale at a new "farmers market" opening up.

It is something I love to do and I am going for it. I only have 3 weeks to plan.

I can't afford a huge inventory so have to be creative.

My creditors will just have to have patience with me til I figure this all out.
  3. PatDLT

PatDLT New Member

I have been fighting bursitis, tendonitis, carpal tunnel and painful fingers. (among other things) I couldn't do it anymore. After three years of trying to stay at work, I finally gave up on 3/08. My doctors keep telling me that it comes with the FM and that other than injections or surgery, there is nothing they or I can do, but keep the pain level down. I was on STD disability for 6 months. After the 6 months I applied for LTD with my work. well, guess what....DENIED. I am working on getting my SSDI and have a lawyer (well the lawyer will contact me if he thinks I have a case) for the LTD. AS of 9/08, I stopped getting paid. They don't tell you how you can survive like this until you get your money. I just turned 52 and am tired of fighting everyone.

I recommend everyone watch Micheal Moore's movie "Sicko" It is eye opening....on healthcare.

Hope it works out for you.

Best wishes
  4. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

I wish you well. Keep me posted.
  5. kjfms

kjfms Member

I really haven't any answers for you except to say that we are all different and what we each can or cannot tolerate is different as well...if that makes sense.

I hope you will be feeling better soon. I do understand how hard it is working with FMS.

I also get bursitis in my hips and shoulders although I am very fortunate in that my bursitis doesn't flare up very often.

Best of luck to you,

Karen :)
  6. msnova74

msnova74 New Member

There are definitely days that I wish that I could quit, but to be honest I am terrified.

I do what i can with medications that dull the pain without too many side effects. Like Neurontin, daypro, ultram etc

I know this is not helpful, but it is honest.