Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rene, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi, how are you? I'm alright. Yea that is true no one cooks like your mom.

I hope your son and Andrea get everthing straightened out. So Andrea doesn't work (outside of the home) and she doesn't do much at home either at least when it comes to Alexis? I can't believe she didn't like him staying with you.

Well I saw my mom and she was really drugged out. I hate seeing her like that but actually its sad to see her, however she is, cause it isn't good and she is not herself. I brought her pumpkin pie again and made her coffee.

I feel sorry for her roommate too cause she must go for days not talking to anyone cause she doesn't speak english and is confined to her bed. I'm to sensitive to go to those homes.

Well we can just meet here on the chit chat board.
    Let me know whats up! Take care,

2. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Your right I miss my Momma's cooking. I love to cook but I still miss her cooking.

Andrea says she does all of the cleaning. She would say that she cleaned all day and when we would go to their place it was always a mess. The best was "Alexis will not clean her room it is a mess." Walk down the hallway and look in their room and you could not see the floor. My son is not a neat person. She assured me when they moved in togather "Don't worry I will keep our place clean I can not stand a messy house". Ha. When they are at their place he even has to come home and do all of the cooking.

Alan did the two nights of test labor and they said he would know in 3-5 days if he was going to get the job for good. I really hope he does, it will help him financiall, and give him a boost mentaly.

That is so sad about your Mom's roomate. I take it that she does not have any family close.

If it does not upset you to much what all is wrong with your Mom? You are so wonderful for being there for her constantly. Someone told me once you only have one Mom.
    I know it is hard when there is nothing you can do to help them. You are doing everything you can because you are there for her.

I miss my Momma, but I can honstly say that I did everything that I could for her. My brother can not say that.

I like having this new board to meet on. Take care. Let me know how things are.

3. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi, Well for some reason I woke up at 7 am and looked at my answering machine and it was blinking. I was scared and they home called and my mom fell out of bed at 4 am. She has a bump on her head. I haven't seen her yet.

I wonder how long she was like that. Somehow her lower body was still on the bed. She had just broke her hip in July.

She has severe ostioperosis, congenative heart disease, dementia and was diagnosed with renal failure a month ago, severe foot drop and her broken up arm.

Talking about my mom doesn't upset me either!

So Andrea doesn't do much of anything and is not to nice to Alexis. Gosh that is a lot for your son to deal with. What type of work is Alan interested in?

What are you going to do this weekend? I'm gonna go later to see my mom. I'd like to call her but she can't really talk (I can't explain it).

I'm not so happy with that nursing home but truly it is the top 2 in Sacramento county (1 million population). Its just an awful life in those homes.

If years down the road, if your dad needs a lot of help in your condition can you take care of him? Or will he end up in a home?

Well take care,
  4. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Hope your Mom is ok. She sure has alot to deal with. How was she when you saw her? How old is your Mom?

Alan is interested any a job that will pay fairly well that he can support 2 kids on. He has warehouse experience, if he gets this other job it will pay him $3.56 more per hour.

He came and got Alexis today, she kept telling me that she did not want to go with Daddy, she wanted to stay here before he got here. When he first came in the door she told him to leave, then they got to playing and she was ok. They went out and got in his blazer and she yelled "Nana I want you" and started to cry. I had to walk in the house. He plans on spending one on one time with her this weekend.

We went out to dinner tonight and ran into my brother's second x-wife. I found out that the lies he has been telling Daddy and us are only the beginning. He has not paid child support in quite a while, when Daddy thought he was going to work here a while back he was not, that we owe him money for things that we have that we where suppose to have bought off of him. There are a bunch more. He even told her over a year and a half that he only had six weeks to live. He owes us money and the only thing that was his is a big screen TV that my husband bought off of him because my brother needed the money.

When he sold it he said don't give me the money all at once, I will get $150.00 a week. In less than two weeks he had gotten the whold amount ($1500 worth). He is a piece of work. I think he is one of those compulsive liers that believes his own lies.

Sorry I went on so much I am really angry. I think we are just going to have a quiet weekend.

I really do not know if I could physically take care of Daddy. As you said Nursing Homes are not good there are some that are better than others.

Take care, Let me know how things are.

God bless, Pam
  5. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam, my mom has a bump now on her forehead. I feel so bad for her. She turned 67 in ICU in August. Oh I forgot she has COPD like your dad.

So are you going to tell your dad what your brothers ex said? That would be a tuff one cause it will upset your dad but he is already upset too.

That would be hard to see Alexis get upset when she has to leave you. Is it because Alexis thinks she'll be with Andrea?

Have you seen Draven and how is he doing?

Yea I;m gonna have to get my brother out of my moms house. It will be hard as she has 5 older animals. He says hes feeding them. Her house is far. He thinks he owns the place and he hasn't even been allowed to live there in yrs except a night or two.
    He is such a creap and I bet he is happy my mom is sick so he has a place to stay.

Well hope you have a good weekend. I"m gonna go bring my mom dinner so i will leave here in an hour or so.

Well Talk to you later!
  6. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Sorry to hear about your Mom's bump. Was she ever a smoker?

I have not decided yet if I am going to tell my Dad. He never liked this daughter-in-law but he was going on what my brother said. He does need to know that my brother is not paying child support because that is one of the excuses he use for always running out of money. I just do not know if Daddy will believe where it came from. I need to get a hold of one of my brother's check stubs it will show on there if it is coming out. He use to leave them lay.

I did a very childish thing today. We where going to stop at Daddy's, his car was not there so we did not stop. I picked up my cell phone and called to leave a message on his machine my brother answered and I hung up. I just can not deal with talking to him right now. My number comes up private so if he checked he did not know who it was.

It is amazing how two people so far away can have two brothers so much a like. Do you think that he is taking care of the animals? Are the caregivers still there?

I won't say that it is just Andrea that Alexis does not want to be aroung I think it is her Mother to (Andrea's).

We where out shopping all day. I for once started my Christmas shopping early. I do have alot of it done.

What did you get your Mom for dinner. Do you eat with her?

Let me know how things are.

God bless; Pam

7. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

8. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam, oh I'd do the same thing too, hang up. Hopefully you can find a paystub and prove it to your dad but I'm sure if you told him your dad wouldn't be too surprised.

Those caregivers are to be out now but I will have to check into it. I can't tonight but I will call my 1/2 brother. My moms Social Security is getting cut out. SO I'm in a jam as my brother has no money and I can't legally cut off the electricity Or you get like $100 A DAY fine!!!

I only made my mom a sandwich a brought her some new gloves. They got back the good food now as they finished remodeleding the kitchen!!
    Today shes been screaming a lot. I left for a minute and she screams NURSE NURSE. I told her she needs to stop or they will kick her out and i won't hardly get to see her.

She says she can't help it. I do belive sometimes she can't help it but also sometimes she can. SHes never yelled when I was growing up.

Yes my mom smoke since she was 16 at least 2 packs a day.

No, I don't eat with my mom. I just eat at home usually afterwards.

Take care,

9. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

We went and saw Daddy and he was still upset about my brother. He made the comment that they where almost out of toilet tissue and my brother would not even buy that. He also voiced concern that his check was due and that if my brother got his hands on it he could cash it.

I did ask Daddy if my brother was paying his child suppost and he said he didn't know. He did say that my brother got $10 off of him. My brother got paid last week and was broke already. He gets paid every two weeks, makes $18 an hour, pays no bills, rent, etc. and is broke. Gee I wonder where his money goes, ha I have a pretty good idea.

I need to go back in there today. I asked him about his meds and he is almost out of his advair. He said he would get it today so I am going to check and make sure.

Sorry to hear that your Mom was not doing to great yesterday. They still do not know why she yells? They said that it was her old roomates bed are they giving a reason now? Like you said I bet it is some of her meds.

Are they cutting out your Mom's SS because she is in a Nursing Home? Would the elec. company turn off the power under those cicumstances? These outfits sure want their money but will not do anything to help a person.

I do have a little good news. My son said that Andrea told him she wanted to move back home next weekend. I hope that it comes about.

We will have Alexis tonight as she has preschool tomorrow. They are having a Thanksgiving Party also, so we will go to that.

Take care of yourself. Let me know how things are.

Hugs, Pam
  10. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam that sounds like so much fun to go to the party with Alexis. I'm glad they are going home finally and hope it works better though its hard being so young with that much responsibility.

Wow your brother makes $18 an hour? That is good. Doesn't he care at all about your dad? How can he not help? Does your dad hide his feelings? Is he scared of your brother?

I'm not gonna see my mom today (I think). I need a day off as she takes up 80% of my energy and I just need a break.

I still feel so sorry for her roommate. SHe can't even talk to the nurses. I never thought I'd feel this way but when her roommate dies I'm not gonna be sad at all. I'll be happy for her. I never thought I'd feel that way in a million yrs about an older person dying. I haven't been around old people. This is new stuff to me.

HOw's your other son doing? Liking his apartment?

Yea when you were talking about the TV your brother ripped you out of i wouldn't be surprised if mine is selling my moms stuff. He makes me sick!

Well looks like with Andrea and ALan its slowing moving in the right direction so thats good.

Take care,
  11. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Hi the party was fun today. The children are so cute and Alexis really enjoyed having us there.

I guess they are going home who knows. We got a call yesterday to come and get Alexis. Draven was having troble breathing and had to go to the ER. We got there and he was a littl congested. I cuddled him, fed him, burped him good. He started breathing un congested and went to sleep. Her mother (Andrea's) insisited that she take them to the Dr. They did a test for the RSV and he does not have it.

Now the poor little guy is on a monitor that beeps if he quits breathing for 20 seconds. The funny thing is my son is sick and came here tonight so he wouldn't be around the baby, since he did that it has went off 3 times. It did not go off even once before that.

She just called him and said that it went off twice with in a couple of seconds but he was in his carseat all three times.

She can't take him out to come here but they can go every place else.

Alexis is all out of sorts. She is in a horrible mood today the worse I have ever seen her in. She does not know what is going on.

Yes my "wonderful" brother makes $18 an hour and is broke two days after he gets paid. This is a two week check and he pays for nothing. He is not even paying child support.

I uderstand what you are saying about your Mom's roommate, when they get like that it is a blessing, they won't suffer anymore.

My oldest son is doing pretty well. He really likes his new apartment. They are down to two room mates now and the rent is a little tuffer but they are making it. The room mate took a couple of their things when she left.

Did you get any rest? How is your Mom doing? Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hugs; Pam
  12. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi, How are you? I've never heard of a monitor that goes off if Draven stops breathing. That would be awful. How long does he have to use it?

What is your son sick with? Hope you don't get it.

I haven't seen my mom for two days and I"m getting ready to go for her dinner quick. I have had to go to court to evict and you won't believe what I went through. Long story. I'm exausted. I went yesterday too.
    Well sorry so short but I gotta go. Hope you have a good thanksgiving. What are you doing?

Take care,
  13. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

It sounds like things have been very hectic with you. How did things come out on the eviction? You need to try and get some rest.

My son has a cold. He did not get that job, and I had to take him tonight to have his shoulder checked again because it was hurting so bad. He went last Friday. This is the shoulder that he hurt at work about a year ago and it is bothering him again. He is really down in the dumps. Him and Alexis are staying here again tonight. He says it is because of his cold and Alexis also has a cold but I think it is more than that.

We took Alexis to the Dr. today to as she was coughing, sneezing, sore throat, and said that her ears hurt. The Dr. said it was a cold and there is wax build up in her ears.

Andrea called Alan and said that the Dr. called her back about Draven. Now they are suppose to go out and buy and buy one of those preemie car seats where the baby lays down. He supposedly only quits breathing when he is in the car seat.

She is suppose to be so worried and can not stand to be away from him, "no one else can watch him". We stopped at the store tonight and her and her Mom where in there and guess what the baby was not with her. Alan was not at all happy.

I am fixing dinner tomorrow for everyone. I am taking a few short cuts this year. I bought the pies, and cheeseballs. I am just so tired.

Hope you have a good Thanksgiving. Let me know how things are.

Hugs; Pam
  14. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam how are you? How was Thanksgiving? Mine was fine. I went to a neighbors and then to my moms. She didn't know it was Thanksgiving.
    I didn't mention it.

Its a long story about the eviction. I need to get conservertorship but my brother says they are moving but I can't deal with it after my nightmare.

Hows Draven, Alexis and Alan? Everyone got sick at the same time. Hope you don't get it. Hope things turn around for ALan. Did your Dad come over too?

What did Andrea say when you saw her at the store without Draven?

I"m not going tonight to see my mom as I am tired. I really wanted to but I can't.

Well let me know whats going on.
    Take care,
  15. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

My Thanksgiving was ok. I'm glad it is over. My Daddy did come out but he was very quiet, he didn't say much. I tried to call him today and my brother said he was not there. He said he did not know where he was and rudely said by, so I hung up with out saying by. I never did get to talk to Daddy.

Alan, Alexis are still not feeling well. We have Alexis as Alan was up all night last night. The pain pills they gave him for his shoulder keep him awake. I am starting to run a fever and have it now.

Alan called a while ago and said that they where taking Draven to the hospital. He has slept the most of the day and has not been eating, he has a fever of 99.9. She called the Dr. and he said that since he is on that monitor that he should be seen. I hate to say it but it sounds like the constant run to the hospital is starting again.

They are suppose to go back to their place this weekend, and it seems like "things" keep coming up.

The reason Alexis stayed with her Uncle Andy last night was because Andrea went shopping today.

She did not realize that my husband and I saw her in the store. They where at a cash register farther away. Alan did call her on it. She said yesterday how she left Draven and could not wait to get back to him.

What do you have to do to get conservatorship for your Mom? I feel like I need to get something for my Daddy, now all I have is where I can make medical decisions and he made me beneficiary of a life insurance policy.

Let me know how things are.

God bless, Pam
  16. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam sorry your now sick too. You just got done with being sick! How is everyone else doing?

I'm glad Thanksgiving is overwith too but actually it was kinda good.

Yea it sounds like she always gonna run Draven to the hospital. Do you think they are gonna go to they're place this weekend?
    I don't know how to get conservatorship. I have to see if I can do it new week maybe. The last I talked to my brother he said they were moving.

He kept calling me and telling me hes going to church. Yea right. I told him to quit calling me all the time (he left 3 messages in 24 hrs). and he yelled "fine i'll never call again".
    I want to know if they are out of the house. It is such a mess. He won't answer the phone. He was intermintantly allowed in the house by my mom but it will be hard to get him out. Hes either mean or charming (to manipulate) no inbetween.

Well sorry for going on and on.

HOpe you get better soon! Does your husband take good care of you when your sick?

Talk to ya later
  17. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Yes I am very fortunate, my husband takes very good care of me when I am sick.

The only thing they found wrong with Draven is that he was a littl congested. I guess that wasn't enough, today her and her Mom took her to the Dr. He did say that it was a virus and he did have alot of the symptoms of RSV but it was not that yet. The odd thing is the alarm for Draven to stop brething has never went off when Alan is there.

I talked to Daddy today and he said that my brother did not tell him I called. He did read me a strange note that my brother had left. He basicly got mad that I sent an ivitation to my Daddy for a meet the baby party and that if we do not want him in the family that is ok with him. Daddy is mad but it still upsets him. Daddy also said that he thought he had been drinking or doped up.

Your brother sounds so much like mine. He can be so sweet but change and be the opposite. He is a compulsive lier also. Anything that happens is always someone elses fault, "everyone is so mean and awful to him".

How are things? Sorry I rambled. Looking forward to hearing from you.

God bless; Pam

18. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam, yep our brothers are a like. Mine hasn't ever had a job more then 3 days (if that a yr)and hes been on welfare and kicked off cause he didn't go to some appt. Welfares kicked him off twice!

He did call and said they are moving! the stupid caregivers. It is a huge mess to evict.

Thats bad your brother didn't tell your dad you called. When are you having your party? Have you ever call the probabtion dept to see if he has a warrent out? I did this once and he did and I had the cops come over!

Do you know what it means to cough but ONLY after you drink? My mom has a REALLY bad sounding cough only after drinking. It scares me and I told the nurse. She doesn't have a running nose or anything else just coughs after drinking.

I went in to see Pam as she had a visitor. It was her nephew so that was good. She has a tree and stocking. I admire her.

Well hope you all get back to feeling better soon!
  19. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Sorry I don't know of anyone who starts coughing when they drink. I have taken a drink before and it goes down the wrong way. What did the nurse say about it?

No I have never called my brother's probation officer. He has no warrents at present I do know that. If he has not got all of his things done for his probtion (payment, community serviece, counseling) by January 8 he will probably go to jail. They have given him more chances than he deserves.

I went and saw Daddy yesterday and he is a little congested. He refilled a antibiotic and is taking it. I called him today and he sounded a littl better. I told him if he was not a whole lot better in a day or two that he was going to the Dr. He has no choice. As of when I called him today he had not heard from my brother.

I hope that your brother and the caregivers get out of your Mom's house soon. I know that it will be a relief to you.

I think that you are a very good person to go and visit your Mom's old room mate.

It is getting late and I need to get in bed. Take care and let me know how things are.

God bless, Pam

20. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam how are you doing? Did the kids end up going home or is everyone still sick?

Did your dad get better or did you have to take him to the Dr?

Well thankfully when I went in to see my mom her coughing went away. Very weird but I'm glad. SHe is just so miserable in every way.

I have not been able to get a hold of my brother. They won't give him the key.

I really need to get a hold of him because the medical equip co wants to pick up my moms medical bed and they said they will give us a bill if we don't get on it ASAP. They weren't mean about it but he won't answer the phone and we have no answering machine.

I don't know if the caregivers are out too. I can't go over there until they are gone.

HOpe everyone is feeling better over there.
    Take care,