Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rene, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Rene

Rene New Member

Hey Pam thought I'd do a new thread. Hows everyone doing? Are you out shopping today or getting to rest. Gosh what would have happened if Andrea and Alan were are at the same hospital!?

Its sounds like you'll have a good Christmas. I hope your brother doesn't start anything. Does he usually?

They have rails on both sides and they won't put up the other even though she falling there twice.

When I left last night she was just a couple of inchs from falling. She was about a sleep so I got the nurse. I called later and they put the rail DOWN but put a bumper on her bed and a mat on the floor.

I hope my mom likes her present. 80% of the time shes just quite and depressed but I got her a cd radio I hope she'll like it.

I could go out to Larrys and Lolas tomorrow but I will just see my mom and come home. I will go tonight too. I'm just too tired. I have Snuggles with me. He's only 6 pounds so I may even keep him.

I took snuggles to the nursing home last night. Maybe he will cheer people up on Christmas.

Well I hope Alan can make it til tuesday.

If I don't talk to ya have a wonderful Christmas!
    Take care,
  2. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I was not out shopping yesterday I got it all done before.

You are right it would have been bad if they had both went to the same hospital.

We had a nice Christmas. Alexis got so many presents it was not funny. Alan called at 6:30am and they where already up and had opened presents. Andrea and Draven stayed at his place last night so the kids could be togather on Christmas morning. She even came to our house today for a while. She follows Alan around like a puppy dog. I asked him yesterday if he thought they where going to get back togather and he said "no way".

Well guess what. Daddy came out and my brother did not come. Surprise, surprise. Daddy said that he left this morning and said "when are you going to Pam's" Daddy told him 2. Bud said that he would be there to go. Daddy told him no you won't make it back. Guess what, he didn't. I think that Daddy had a good time.

Alan is hurting pretty bad tonight even with his pain pills. We tried to get him to go to the hospital but he said that he would not go tonight. We are going to find something out tomorrow. He can not go on this way.

How is your Mom? Did you have a nice Christmas? I hope that things are ok with you. Let me know how things are.

God bless; Pam
  3. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam, well sounds like you had a good Christmas. Do you have any returns to do? I'm glad your dad came over.

Mine was ok. My moms memory and attitude has improved. Its really weird. They changed some of her meds and I think it is helping.

She even liked listening to music and she got lotion from the NH and she liked it! AND she ate almost all her food and TWO ensures!!

I have to call her ortho docs tomorrow and tell them what happened.
    I'm upset about it. THe aid should have known she was gonna fall. I saw the aid today and she didn't even care. THe others did care.

She told me plainly my mom was close to the edge and a sleep the last she saw! Then why didn't she move her?! Then she heard my mom moaning on the floor.

I don't know what to do. THe NH are horrible. THis is supposed to be the best and it is very clean, nobody stuck sitting slumped in the halls. it doesn't smell, has good food and very close to me and has cable.

Month ago she had chest pains i got the nurse and she really didn't do anything. Next day heart attack!

Sorry for going on.

Well hope they have some answers for Alan. Let me know.

Take care,

4. Rene

Rene New Member

HI PAM just checking in. HOpe everyones ok.
  5. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Hi sorry I have not gotten back sooner but things have been crazy.

I called our family Dr. on Tuesday morning and they had not been sent the results of the US for Alan. He was in bad shape. I finally talked directly to the Dr. and he said that he was trying to get his hands on them, but if he was hurting that bad to take him back to the hospital and get a pain shot.

We went back, a Drs. assitant came in and did some blood work looked at the "missing" US abd said that it could be acid reflex and gave him a cocotion of medience, it did nothing to help him. She said that she would not give him any thing for pain, that it could irritate his stomach.

Bill called the Dr. back he was upset that they had released him and called in something for pain and said that they would set up an hydrascan. It is a more detailed scan of the gall bladder. The quickest they could get him in was Friday morning. He is still hurting.

To top it off Alexis is complaining of her stomach, has a cough and is running a temp of 102.

I do not know what is going to happen next.

How are things with your Mom? What did her ortho Dr. say when you called him? I know what you mean about NH they say that there are good ones out there but where.

Let me know how things are and how you are doing.

God bless; Pam
  6. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Hi Rene-Just a little update on Alexis. It is 4:15am and we just got back from the hospital. Her fever went up to 103.3 and she could not even keep tylenol time and she was coughing and breathing real hard.

When we got her there her oxygen level was only 87%. They gave her oxygen (which she hated) and breathing treatment, it came up quite a bit. She has asthma, and a virus. They thought at first it was pneumonia. Alan and her just went to bed and I am not far behind. I neeeded to unwind a little.

Take care and let me know how things are.

God bless; Pam
  7. Rene

Rene New Member

Pam, how is Alexis and Alan? She is always seeming to be sick. SO they are both going to be there with you for a few days? Did she get good treatment at the hospital? Well I guess Draven is ok right?

ALan goes tomorrow to the drs? I hope he just get over what he has and doesn't need surgery.

I just got out of the shower and gonna go see my mom in a little bit.

Sorry you have to get going through all this. It has to stop!

Well I will pray for your family and let me know how everyone is.

Take care,
  8. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

As always thank you for your kind words and prayers.

Alexis is feeling a little better today. She is still running a fever and wheezing, but she is acting more like herself. It does seem like she is sick alot. I don't know if it is preschool, or being around Andrea's niece and nephew who are always sick. She stayed all night with my oldest son and he was smoking in the apartment so I don't know if that could have set off the asthma.

I will say that she got wonderful care last night. They got right on it. At first she was screaming and fighting every thing. After they took the oxygen off of her she won everyone over. They all fell in love with her.

Alan has had an awful rough day. He got so upset last night and he is hurting alot today. I will be glad when this scan is over. They have to tell us something tomorrow, there is no way that he can go on like this over the weekend and holiday. They have got to do something.

I think Draven is doing ok. She is driving him crazy calling many times a day. She said that he was running a low fever and throwing up, etc. He has a checkup appointment tomorrow. He is growing like a weed.

How are things with you? How is your Mom doing. What did her ortho Dr. say about her shoulder?

Thank you so much for being here. It is wonderful to have someone to "talk" to.

Let me know how things are.

God bless; Pam
  9. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Hi hope that things are ok...
  10. Rene

Rene New Member

HI Pam, so did Alan go today for his scan?? Glad Alexis is a little better. Maybe she needs to wear gloves or something is she is always around other sick kids. I hope this is the last of it.

Well last night my mom was in a lot of pain and acting weird and all. Tonight she was calmer which is good but she wasn't being nice to me. I took snuggles around and lots of people were really happy. He may get a home. Don't know how I'm gonna give him up.

Well I really hope you can get some rest this weekend. Are you doing anything for New Years? I'll just go see my mom. I did have some fun tonight as I was with other patients on a different ward and they really loved Snuggles.

Well let me know how ALan is.
    Take care,
    PS oh the hospital didn't get back to us. They were closed on Mon Tue AND Fri! They won't be open till Tues. Don't think they will do anything for it.
  11. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Hi how are things?
    Alan did go for his scan, and they said that it will be probably Tues, or Wed. before they tell the Dr. the results. He is in so much pain.

Alexis is feeling better. She is back to her self. She is still not eating much.

it is after 2:00am. I was asleep but my husband just woke me up.

Andrea told Alan that someone had seen him when they where still togather with another girl. He was "his daughter" he took her to Dairy Queen. They got into it. He would not answer her calls so she test him and told him that the baby was sick. I called and asked her what was wrong and she said that he was gagging like he had been before. This was at noon. 11:00 tonight she called and said that she talked to his Dr. and he said that he wanted him seen it could be a breathing problem. She just called a few minutes ago and said that they where putting him in ICU that it was RSV.

Alan and Bill just left. Alan is very upset, he is worried about Draven. He is in so much pain and he is feeling guilty. I told him that she has cried wolf so many times that we didn't react this time.

How is your Mom? Please keep us in your prayers.

God bless; Pam
  12. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam so what is going on with Draven now?? I can't believe it. I've never heard of so many people in on family being so sick. They all need to check in to ONE hospital and stay till they are good for a few days!

Well let me know what is going on.

I will pray that they are ok. SO sorry for what you're going through.

LEt me know.
    Take care,
  13. Rene

Rene New Member

Hope Draven and ALan are ok.
  14. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Draven is doing a lot better. They took the feeding tube out tonight. They said that he sounds good.

Alan is really hurting. Andrea got mad because he did not stay up there but she needs to understand that he is in bad shape himself.

I cannot wait until Tues, we have to find something out about Alan.

I asked Bill today what was going to happen next and he said tomorrow. We will just take one day at a time.

This family use to be a fairly healthy family. Maybe everyone is paying for that now. LOL.

How are things with you? How is your Mom doing? Let me know how things are.

Thank you for being here and listening.

God bless;Pam
  15. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi so how is Draven? Where is he?? I hope they find something out tomorrow for Alan. What do you think it is?

My mom was actually kinda good tonight!! Like talking. She wanted spice drops and I go "mom don't eat the whole bag" and she goes "well its only 98cents". I can't believe she was that with it to know the candy is 98 cents. She's right if she wants to eat the whole bag she should.

I'm still trying to find the dogs and cats homes. Do you have pets? It is hard and I don't know what I'm gonna do.

Well hope to hear good news from tomorrow with Alan. I do want to know how Draven is too. Poor little guy.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

16. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I am glad that your Mom had a good day. I am also glad that she enjoyed her treat.

I talked to Daddy last night and he sounded fairly well. He wanted to know if there was anything he could do, with everything that is going on.

They released Draven from the hospital today. She called yesterday and said that he had viral pneumonia and that was what he had all along. Bill asked the Dr. the first night and he said that the swab came back postive for RSV. If he really had viral pneumonia they would not release him from the hospital. Alan did not go to the hospital yesterday due to a fever and pain. He know has a cold on top of everything else.

He talked to the Drs. office today and they are making an appointment with a general surgeon. His gall bladder is not working right. The poor guy just keeps hurting worse and worse. I don't think that he can hold on much longer. This has went on for over two weeks. He use to be able to eat soup and more bland things, now he can't even do that, and the pain pills are not helping as much. He said today after pain pills that it was still a 6 on the pain scale.

How are things with you? Hope that your Mom is doing ok. Let me know how things are.

God bless; Pam
  17. Rene

Rene New Member

Pam, gosh you guys have been through it. I agree about the pnemonia in that they wouldn't let him go. I bet you just jump when the phone rings. I just started being able to have my ringer on cause I would get great anxiety when my phone would ring.

Are you confident in ALans hospital? I don't like the fact they are letting him suffer. The US showed something wrong on his gal bladder?

My mom is still in a lot of pain. SHe is eating a lot which is good. She was mentally with it pretty good but not 100%.

Well I truly do feel for you. I do think its almost easier to be the one going through the pain then watch our loved ones suffer. Though I know you do have physical pain already.

You get some rest and take care of yourself. Are they staying with you at your place?

Take care,
  18. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I am glad that your Mom is doing better mentally. I wish that there is something that they could do for her pain.

At first I did have confidence in the hospital but I have lost that. The second time that we took him over there and the PA said that it was basiclly his stomach and refused to give him any pain medience. This is after the family Dr. told us to take him there to get his pain under control. Our family Dr. is trying to get it tooken care of. There is a big back log due to the holidays. If he had not already had all of the tests done here we would go to another hospital. If we went now we would have to start all over again.

Your right I jump every time the phone rings and think what now.

Andrea burned Alan's phone up last night. She told him that she thought that Draven was getting worse. I think the more that he worries about Draven he hurts even worse. He did not want to go around him yesterday as he was running a fever and sore throat, cought etc. She did not understand that she told him to take somed tylenol. That may help the fever but it won't help the contigious part.

Your right all of the stress has really made my pain increase.

Thank you so much for being here and "listening" to me, it means a lot. Take care and let me know how things are with you.

God bless; Pam
  19. Rene

Rene New Member

How are things going today? Where is everyone? This is the worse time of the year to need help at the hospital thats for sure.

I hope Draven isn't getting worse again.

I went to the NH for 1 1/2 hours during the lunch time. My mom wanted out of her bed. They won't let her on the eve shift but the day shift did. SHe was out 40 min. I don't want her to get bed sores.

The aid wasn't nice and ignored my mom when she talked to him and he even ignored me too. Do I complain?? I don't know. She couldn't reach her bottel when I walked in.

Well let me knwo how you and everyone is today.
    Take care,
  20. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Well I had to take Alan back to the hospital today. The Dr's office did call with an appointment to consult with a surgeon. The first appointment open was 1/12 the man can not eat is in constant pain and living on pain pills.

He got to hurting so bad that I took him to the ER. The Dr. that he saw the first night was there and he immediately called the on call surgeon and he said that the gall bladder probably needs to come out. He wanted him to have a endscopy to make sure that his esphous was clear and there was nothing there. They put him out and did that. I am suppose to call the surgeon tomorrow for possible surgery Friday. I am glad that they are finally moving. The ER Dr. was surprised that it was still going on. I guess that the scan showed that he has an over active gall bladder and any thing that he eats causes spasms.

Andrea called when we where in the ER and I told her Alan could not talk what he was going thru. She told me that the baby was ok. After that she called Bill's phone and left a message that the baby was running a high fever and that she could not get a hold of Alan because his phone was turned off. When he talked to her she said that she was taking him to the Dr.

I know that it sounds terrible but it seems like she wants that baby to be sick so she will get attention.

I am glad that your Mom was able to get out of bed. You are right she needs to get up so she won't get bed sores. If I were you I would voice your concern over the aid ignoring you guys. That is their job to do for the patients.

So I ran on and on. I am so worn out. Take care and let me know how things are going.

God bless; Pam