Butt Pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by brock, Jan 12, 2006.

1. brock

brock New Member

When sitting on a hard surface for any length of time I experience excruciating pain in my derrier. It feels as if I have deep bruises in that particular place and when pressure is applied I can barely stand it. I find myself constantly changing positions to try to gain any relief whatsoever.

Does anyone else experience this?

What do you do to alleviate the pain?

Thanks.

Brock
  2. ferdie

ferdie New Member

Hi I have posted a few times here but mostly a lurker,
    lol, But wanted to mention that I have had tail bone pain for years. I have had 2 cortisone shots over the past year and this has helped a lot. But before the shots it was so hard to sit or stand up without experiancing terrible pain. So maybe you have some inflamation in the tail bone? Just a thought, Peace , Ferdie
  3. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Check out [www.rice.edu/~jenky/sports/piri.html].
  4. Musica

Musica New Member

I have to drive 35 miles to work, and my butt and legs get to hurting. Also, the last several nights, if I lie in bed with my legs straight, the buttocks (tender point areas) hurt, and my legs too. So I have been sleeping curled up on my side.

Prickles, thanks for the tips!
  5. grandmasheri

grandmasheri New Member

I use a ring cushion on my computer chair. the kind for hemeroids. i don't have them but it seems to help butt pain too. lol i was sitting on one at a freinds house and wondered why the chair felt so comfortable. it was "hidden" under a thin foam cusion cause she was embarased about it. lol i will use anything that helps embarasment be darned!
    Sheri
  6. brock

brock New Member

Thank you all for the helpful advice.

I guess there are others that experience the same thing (unfortunately).

Brock
  7. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

Many of us develop triggers deep in the gluteus or pyriformis muscles of the buttock.

Believe it or not, you can, sometimes work those triggers out.

Get a tennis ball, lie down prone, and have your friend, or significant other press until they locate the spot, and then roll the ball over it, slowly increasing the pressure. The physical therapists do that. It hurts, but sometimes, it will break up the trigger.

I am fat, have a fat butt, so I bought a baseball, as my husband is an ass and would not help with rolling the thing. That meant I had to sit on a chair on the ball, and roll around on it. I POPPED THE TENNIS BALL. THE PHYSICAL THERAPISTS AND I LAUGHED AND LAUGHED AND THAT IS WHEN I GOT THE BASEBALL.

As a joke, one day, I walked in with a softball, and they cackled. The next day I walked in and they had blown up a beach ball.

I kept having trouble with it and the pyriformis pulled my SI joint out all the time, so I mentioned it to my PAIN DOC, who said, I can do a block on that.

He did a block on it and HALLELUJAH. THE TRIGGER DISAPPEARED FOR nine months.

Consider it. Roll it out or get it blocked.