Buying a Stair Lift - finding information

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sick~kitty, Nov 2, 2008.

1. sick~kitty

sick~kitty New Member

I need to get a stair lift. I've tried to research them online. Most of the information I've been able to find is one vendor trash-talking everyone else's product. Any recommendations or thoughts?
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

i had a stairlift put in my condo only way i could stay here. I love it.

There are different brands. have you gone to a local medical supply store?

sometimes you can buy them used but have to make sure of measurements. we have ads online(classifieds local paper).

what brand was trash talking. Ive had a lot of experience with medical equipment. car lifts etc.

give me more info help if i can
  3. charlenef

charlenef New Member

i checked online at medical supply stores they give you info good luck
  4. stschn

stschn New Member

We put one in a couple of months ago and I'm so glad we did. My husband is a member of the Lions Club and we found an add in their publication for one that was quite a bid less than the others we looked at. My sons cam up and put it in for us saving us that money. It has all the safety features of the others and in fact looks just like several others in the photos on line and in the magazines They also carry lifts. The company is Jameson Medical, Inc. You might try telling them you were referred by a Lions Club member from and add in their magazine in 2006 we think. We cut out the add because we knew the day was comming and I really wish I had done it back then. Life is easier now. All the best Joyce
  5. stschn

stschn New Member

I forgot to add that the company paid for the shipping!
  6. sick~kitty

sick~kitty New Member

I took a look at the Summit machine shown on Jameson Medical Supply's site, and that is the one I'd like to order. I can get it from Jameson for $1995, delivery included. My primary care doc thinks that Medicare will pay for it. I have an appt. on 12/4 with the physiatrist who has helped me so much with my knees.

The doc needs to do a face-to-face assessment, and provide a statement of medical necessity. My insurance is a Medicare fee-for-service plan, with Pyramid Life. If they approve it, my cost will be the 20% co-pay. It's also possible that they will have negotiated a lower price for the machine.
  7. stschn

stschn New Member

I was told by the company that medicare would not cover the stair chair. So I took them at their word and did not submit it. With the powerchair the company did all the work for me.
  8. lyzzy

lyzzy New Member

Try They should have a dealer finder on their website.