Buzzing in hands/feet

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wendysj, Apr 6, 2010.

1. wendysj

wendysj New Member

Hi Everyone:

I just did a stupid thing... I googled a symptom. Oh no! MS was the thing that came back first.

I have been noticing this numbness/buzzing feelings in my hands and feet for a little over a week. It is definitely new and I haven't started or stopped any medications or changed my diet. I can't of anything else it could be.

I will be seeing my Rhuemy (for FM & RA) soon and will ask her about it. I just wanted to find out if you all could help with any ideas. I've had tingling in my hands for years. This is different. I feels like a vibrating phone is being pressed to my hands and feet.

Thanks again for all your help and comments.
    Wendysj
  2. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi,

I have a friend that has this same symptom and she found out it was nerves effected from her arthritis. The inflammation can affect the nerves and cause this sensation.

Anti-inflammatories - like green/white tea, turmeric/boswellia, Vit C, tart cherries (Montmorency type - brand: Eden Organics) all help... Sometimes people get B12 shots to help heal nerves quicker.

Hope this is helpful!

God Bless,

Elisabeth
  3. wendysj

wendysj New Member

Hi,

Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one. Does your friend have RA or FM or both? I'm just curious. I'm not sure what I can take due to all my medications but I'll ask my doctor.

Thanks again for your input.
    Jamie
  4. spacee

spacee Member

I would highly recommend Alpha Lipoic Acid 300 mgs. (I get mine from here but others are good). It is used in Germany for nerve damage by regular MD's.

My hands and a toe of one foot have been tingling so I was wearing the carpel tunnel braces (you can purchase at grocery stores or drugstores) but when I started the ALA...it made a
    huge difference.

Hope it works for you (should you try it)

Spacee
  5. spacee

spacee Member

I would highly recommend Alpha Lipoic Acid 300 mgs. (I get mine from here but others are good). It is used in Germany for nerve damage by regular MD's.

My hands and a toe of one foot have been tingling so I was wearing the carpel tunnel braces (you can purchase at grocery stores or drugstores) but when I started the ALA...it made a
    huge difference.

Hope it works for you (should you try it) (I have antibodies for Sjogren's an autoimmune disease. It is usually dry eyes and mouth (thought I don't have that) and can attack organs like Lupus.

Cheney say's that in his practice, he seens the autoimmune activity in blood work but never
    had a patient's organs attacked. Good news!

Spacee
  6. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

i get this a lot wendy,not only in the hands and feet, but in my chest area. and down my legs.
    Dr checked me for ms, said no just cfs//fibro.

i have lesions on my brain also, but they still say no MS.i know that buzzing feeling is wierd. but try not to worry it's ms, us cfs patients can get it also.
    Kat
  7. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

For me, the tingling/numbness/buzzing/vibrating is due to a chronic borrelia burgdorferi infection. It is very common.

See symptom list p 9-11 of this paper.....

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf
  8. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I have had FM for the past 6 years. About 3 years ago I started feeling tingling and numbness in my hands and feet. Neuropathy, as its called, is very common with FM. There is a drug called Neurontin which I take and it reduces the feeling to where its not so irritating.

All the best,

Eileen
  9. wendysj

wendysj New Member

Hi Kat,

Yes! Vibrating is what it feels like. It was hard for me to find a way to discribe it... Buzzing was the first thing that came to mind. It's new and freakin' me out! Thanks for lettind me know it's the cfs/fm.

I'm sorry you have lessions on your brain. Did you get a second opinion? I would have to check that out with another doctor to make sure. MS can be treated... It seems like I've always looked for other diagnosis that have effective treatments. (I know its futile but I can't help it.)

Thanks for your reply.
    Wendysj
  10. wendysj

wendysj New Member

Hi Spacee,

I've had tingling for years... This is new. It's a vibrating/buzzing feeling in both hands and feet. I was hoping it would go away but it's been a week now. It doesn't prevent me from using my hands so I have not mentioned it to my doctor yet...but I will!

Sjogren's can be terrible on a person but that is rare. You're right, it's usually just dry eyes and mouth. A friend of mine has it in her intestines... Really causes havoc for a while. She's trying treatments out now to help stop it.

I hope we can all figure this cfs/fm and autoimmune stuff out sooner than later.

Thanks for replying.
    Wendysj
  11. wendysj

wendysj New Member

Hi CanBrit,

It's not the tingling I've had for years, it's new buzzing/vibrating sensation. I have Diabetes too and I'm going to have to talk to the Endo to make sure it's not Diabetic Neuropathy. My bloodsugars are pretty well controlled so I don't think it's that.

Hi Nanie46,

Thanks for the reply but I don't have lyme. I've been tested for it many, many times.

Thanks to both of you for your replies.
    Wendysj