Buzzing/Vibrating Feeling...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by brella, Dec 5, 2008.

1. brella

brella New Member

I've noticed that for the past couple weeks, every once in a while I will feel a buzzing/vibrating in my inner thigh. It doesn't feel like a muscle twitch. It literally feels like something is buzzing inside my leg. I don't know how else to explain this... Its an extremely weird feeling and kind of scares me.
    Has anyone experienced or heard of this??
  2. cordy250

cordy250 New Member

It's the weirdest thing. I carry a pager in my front jeans pocket and it is set to vibrate. When this first started I thought it was my pager going off, but it wasn't. It mostly happens in the leg in which I had sciatic pain for many years but it also happens in the other. With me, it is the front hip area and front of the thigh.
  3. suebeth

suebeth Member

this happens to me as well. i dont know why either. it eventually goes away on its own. I have cfs and fm..
  4. star273

star273 New Member

I dont know what it is, but it is a strange feeling. I have FM and it has happened for so long that I kind of forget about it... when it does it, I feel it, but dont really think about it. I guess its just another one of those wonderful things we have to deal with. :)
  5. 3gs

3gs New Member

I get this all over. Even have my lips buzzzzzzzzzzzz!

One doc told me it was nerve pain. It's like an electrical current is running thru you.

It's the fibro.
  6. mom2many

mom2many New Member

I carry my iPhone on my right hip and I'm always feeling like it's vibrating when it's not.

I feel a buzz almost anywhere, my feet do it almost all the time. I agree with 3gs, it's nerve pain, I just think sometimes it's not bad enough to cause pain that we feel as pain.
  7. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

I carry my cell phone in my left pocket most of the time on vibrate and I will think it is vibrating and it isn't.

Also I get this feeling like when you are cold and get a chill sometimes but it is not from being cold and it will run down my left leg and sometimes in the top of my head. Weird. I just figured it was part of this stupid disease.

Stinker
  8. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Probably 40 years ago I would get that electrical buzzing thing in the soles of my feet. Generally would nose dive to the couch, lasted maybe 60-90 seconds at a time. I know I had it several times a day. I never told anybody. How could I explain something that made me sound like a nut case?

It lasted a couple months, then mysteriously left and never came back. Over the years it has been mentioned here on the forum, and evidently is yet another thing to add to the list of fms ailments.
  9. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I've been getting twitches and buzzing for several years, since before I really got sick.

It started in my broken foot, then I would get it off and on in various places. I think it has something to do with the electrical systems in our bodies misfiring.

I can always tell when I am going to have a flare, because I'll start feeling them.

Good luck

Sue in Ontario
  10. sk8enscars

sk8enscars New Member

I get the same thing... much like others have said, I'll think my phone is buzzing and I'll realize it's not even in my pocket. It comes and goes... It did it on and off for a month and then it'll stop for a while. It's so weird.
  11. mom2many

mom2many New Member

2 weeks ago my nose would buzz unless I was touching it, LOL, DH and I went out to eat and it was so hard to not reach up and touch my nose so it would stop buzzing.
    It didn't go no-stop, it came and went for 5-10 minutes at a time for quite a few hours.
  12. ANGELEO728

ANGELEO728 New Member

i thought i was the only one!! Wow this is creepy. Usually in my feet and legs.
  13. leannebug

leannebug New Member

Me TOO!

I had also attributed it to my cell phone going off, until I stopped carrying it for awhile in that spot. Then I realized it was my own body. After that I found it was happening in other spots as well.

That is SO strange, because I've only been experiencing it for the past six months or so.
  14. Lillie17

Lillie17 New Member

I have experienced, off and on, a buzzing in my legs for years. It frightened me
    at first also, but I've had it now for so many years it just seems part of me.

Lillie
  15. pittedhorse

pittedhorse New Member

I have had this problem for approx: a year. I have lower back issues. I had a micro-discsecthomy for herniated disc on the right side. I also as they discovered through a MRI and a Cat scan that I have slippage of L-4 over L-5.
    I also had an EMG for the lower left side of my back and leg down to my toes.
    Findings are prior and excising nerve damage. My nero-surgeon is going to have me get an epidural in the L-4/L-5 area to see if this relieves the pain I get there. If not he would go in like he did in the other surgery and enlarge the canal the nerve runs through. I didn't start getting the buzzing feeling more and more until the back pain increased. If I move or sit a certain way it seems to disappear. My right hip is higher than my left and... pelvis is tipped forward enough to cause slippage of L-4/L-5 I do believe that once I get that shot it will help. If not than it will be under the knife for relief. I had surgery at 8:30 A.M and was home at 5:00 P.M. a scar the size of a paper clip and able to walk around with NO PAIN.... I hope the epidural works if not I have 100% faith in this surgeon. You may not have my issue but I'm willing to bet this buzzing will go away. I was also told I new to work on my deep down core muscles.
  16. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Manifestations of the neurological involvement in our illnesses. It can also produce muscle spasms, anxiety, sensory overload, tinnitus, etc. I get relief from Klonopin but it's not for everyone.

Love, Mikie
  17. Callum

Callum New Member

... for about a month, on-and-off. For me, it feels like a cell phone vibrating in a cargo pocket, but there's no pocket and no phone.;)
  18. sixtyslady

sixtyslady New Member

MIkie, after reading your post,I wonder if this is whats going on in my ears & head.I have had ringing in my ears for yrs,it comes and goes ,I also feel a fullness in my ears. And all sounds are so loud I can hardly stand to be around people when this happens, also the bones in my head & face feel like a electric shocks, Noise actually makes me have pain in my ears.I just have a real hard time coping with this. sixtyslady
  19. simpsons

simpsons Member

i had the buzzing many times when i am at my worst. i was told that it is the nerves swollen that causes it. i used to be searching for a phone but realized it was me or my me.

ringing in ears is caused by wheat in diet for me. as soon as i start eating it i get the ringing.

its in many foods and medicines so to get rid of it takes some doing.

it takes time but i feel that it helped with the buzzing too as i improved a bit with cutting it out of my diet.

thanks for bringing it up though i am glad i m not the only one.

some had said it was more an ms sign than for pwme but now i know its more pwme than i thought
  20. ppmickey

ppmickey New Member

You need to be seen by your doctor. This could be one more piece of a puzzle in a diagnosis or something he/she wants to test.

I have a similar feeling, but sometimes feel like I'm getting electrically shocked at the bottom of my spine. However I have spinal stenosis and Diabetes 2 along with a host of other medical problems. I do have neuropathy, otherwise known as nerve pain/damage. This may be a warning sign or beginning of getting neuropathy or some other condition. Do please see a doctor. He might refer you to a neurologist. I'm just a patient, by the way, not in the medical profession.