BXGirl GO GIRL, First steps for a healthier life....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by backporchrags, Aug 19, 2005.

1. backporchrags

backporchrags New Member

I am so proud of you!! Have you cleaned out your pantry yet? Getting rid of the offending foods helps with will power. If it is not there, you won't eat it right!
    I had an egg and Canadian bacon for breakfast today. I am aiming for at least 4 glasses of water or green tea today. I find small goals every day help to keep me from becomming overwhemed. One day at a time I say.
    Lunch will be a green salad with chicken breast.
    Dinner, I don't know yet.
    I am back on phase one of the diet as of Yesturday. I was eating to many carbs on phase 2. Once I started eating good carbs I just could not stop. Good carbs led to bad carbs and I spiraled downward. So back to the beggining for me.
    You can say we are starting together. I am aiming for another 15 pounds to go.
    Definatly try the ricotta cheese dessert, it is really good! I am amazed at the foods you can eat on this diet and still lose weight.
    After the first few days your sugar cravings should subside some. Drinking green tea also helps with sugar cravings. the bitterness seems to cut the sweet cravings.
    To try to quit overeating at night is tough. Make your snacking an event not just an occurance. Only eat when you are seated and doing nothing else. No eating at the computer. Savor every bite and eat slowly. If you eat while doing nothing else it is more satisfying and you are less likely to over eat.
    I will keep in touch with you so we may do this thing together. I am a bit busy these days with the kids at home but once school starts I will have more free time to post. Bare with me, I will look out for you hon,
    You can do it! The first step is the hardest, everything after is just fluff, right?
    So be proud of yourself for taking the first steps.
    I am,
    A
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I've been off my diet some and have gained a few pounds, so starting again today. I have no idea what hubby will want to fix for dinner. It is sort of raining here as it is where you are probably, so I doubt we could grill. Maybe we could. Depends on hubby...

Matt is off work for a week too, so there will be 3 for dinner, I would suppose unless Matt is going out.

I wish I could try the South Beach Diet, A, but I can't. It's hard when you have as much weight to lose as I do. It sort of has had me depressed a lot lately, that is why I haven't been posting much.

Big hugs,
    Faye
  3. BxGirl

BxGirl New Member

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! I can't believe you took the time to write and cheer me on! You are a blessing!

Today I had a hard-boiled egg for breakfast, a cheese stick for a snack. For lunch I had a green salad with tomatoes and feta cheese. Also some plain yogurt with blueberries from home (I put this together the other day and had to finish it).

When I came home I had a cheese stick. Then salmon patties (plain, nothing in them) and green beans. But I did slip and have a small whole wheat role. Now I'm drinking black coffee. Maybe I'll try some green tea later. I didn't like it when I first tasted it. But if it cuts sugar cravings then I'm all for it.

It's 7:12 p.m. and hopefully I won't eat anything else tonight!!!!

Thank you!!!!

Love,
    BxGirl