Bycikle pain promlems need advise

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by puffy1, Aug 18, 2006.

1. puffy1

puffy1 New Member

Hello eveyone I need some advise:

A few months ago I diecided that rideing a bike around my neighborhood would be a fun way to get exercize and if I got really good I could use it as a form of transportaion to beat the rising cost of gas.

I live really close to a small market and thought I could ride it there sometimes. Well here is the problem.

where I live is not flat it has constant upgrdes and down grades if I pull out of my driveway and turn to the left I imedialtey start coasting down hill.

Well I tried coasting about 3 or 4 houses down and then turning around to go back toward my house. Well after doing this about 3 times up and down I am totaly exasuted and can do nothing else for the rest of the day

I am weak shaky and it hurts like heck to sit on the seat. and I feel sick to my stomach. never the less I kept doing it first everday then evyother day then twice a week now I have not been on it for about 2 months I am affraid to try it hate the way it makes me feel.

Am I a wimp? should I keep trying or am I just pushing it to much?

need some input on this.

Thanks Teri
    [This Message was Edited on 08/18/2006]
  2. Jo29

Jo29 New Member

I got one of those cushy seats. I absolutely could not stand to sit on the standard seats. That was my worst problem.

As far as the hills in your neighborhood, I really don't have any advice. Where I ride is pretty smooth. I do love it though.

Jodi
  3. puffy1

puffy1 New Member

thank you for replying yes I out bubble wrap on the seat and that helps at leats till all the bubbles pop lol and it looks pretty goofy too.

I jsut don't want to feel like a wimp I am usr=e to dealing with the pain from a workout I used to work out all the time the pain from that never bothered me.

But this pain is so different than that. the fibro pain.
    please tell me I;m not a wimp.

Teri
  4. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

Sometimes it can make mattter's worse.Listen to your body.Linda
  5. puffy1

puffy1 New Member

Thank you for your input I feel guilty becuse the bike was given to me for my birthday becuse I had been wanting one and my mother in law bought me a helmet and now I feel like I have wated there time and money.

they think I jsut have to keep at it and it well get easier like I am just being a whimp about it. I don't know what to do now I have this very exspensive bike just sitting in my garage.

I don't know to tell them I can't ride it now.

thanks everyone for your advice. got any more :)

Teri
  6. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

explains why our pain is different.I know it involves the fascia.Ask Mikie she will know where to look.If you show them an article,they might understand.Linda
  7. puffy1

puffy1 New Member

when say 1-2 in seat adjustment do you mean like up or down?
    I put the seat all the way down becuse when I got it I could not get up on it and once I did I culd barel reach the pedals.

oh and I think its a boys bike its a 20 speed mountain bike
    my husband uncle gave it to me he had bought it for his son who is a avid biker but they had a fight and his son gave the bike back. so when he heard I wnated a bike he gave me taht one.

but I didn't know it was going to hurt so much and make me feel so sick I thought it would be fun. And I like to exersize but I can't much anymore I just do the aquasize twice a week.

Teri