C-Reactive Protein Levels, How Many Have Elevation?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Apr 12, 2009.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

Since this DD or whatever I have my C-Reactive Protein has been highly elevated from 11-23
    I was wonder if any of you have elevation of this. If so the cause and treatment, my doctor seems to be ignoring this and its beginning to worry me as I have heard that it is an indictor of heart disease. My sed rate most of the time is within normal , but it too has been elevated at times also my ANA is always a high positive of 1:160. I get so angry with no answers from my doc.

God Bless,
  2. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

i think the c reactive protein means you have inflammation in your body. anti-nuclear antibodies are antibodies that attack your own tissues, i think.

i think all of this just means you have an infection that is not being treated.
  3. outofstep

outofstep Member

Would be a good dr. to see about this-high CRP can be caused by infection, but sed rates in CFS are usually low. The elevated ANA is also very suspicious. If I were you I'd definitely get a 2nd opinion!
  4. daylight

daylight New Member

my crp ,esr ,c3,c4 and ana are high. But I only have inflammation all over with my MCTD,and spinal problems.
    crp,esr,c3 and c4 are inflammation markers. Alone the don't relieve what you have but they
    get your Rhuemy some clues.

I've found that grapes,grape juices,wine (if you indulge a little) help to lower my inflammation
    but temperary. Motrin works for some,

But it's good that the test are revealing this in a way . I hope your doctors can find the cause for you soon.

Also my Ana is 1.1640 very high. Yours is high . the likely hood of your or mine being a false
    postive is very low (only a 5% chance) . And I have seronegative RA , Which means I'm postive for everything with RA but my Rhuematiod factor is only at 15 . Irony is that if it where at 16 it would be postive. ANA's and RF can go up and down at times.

[This Message was Edited on 04/12/2009]
  5. stschn

stschn New Member

When my C-Reactive Protein went up to 6 my pcp sent me to my heart doctor and he gave me a new perscription for 40 mg instead of the 20 mg of lipitor I've been on but my cholesterol was also up to 202 and he said they now want it at 170 or lower.

I remember going on line to study the C-Reactive Protein but of course I don't remember what it said as its been a while ago. Just type it in on the search bar and you'll get a lot of information.
  6. faithinlove

faithinlove New Member

I too have a high level of C-reactive protein and the rhuemy does not know what to do about it. My sed right is also high, although my ANA is negative. I do not know what this means other than the same thing you talk about which is inflammation in my body. Some of the rheumy's that I have been to say there is nothing they can do but I have decided to cut down on sugar, carbs and take fish oil daily.I think I may try grape seed extract and see if this helps my condition any, as a post on this site said it may.I take 3 Darvocet a day as will as 2400mg of Motrin. I do not know if this really helps, I just try to be the best person I can be with this illness.
    One more comment...Two rhuemy's told me that FMS and CFS are virtually the same thing. I really would like to know some comments on whether these two are really sort of one in the same. How am I supposed to know, I do not think they know sometimes..! I also get angry with different docs telling me different things. I have been to 3 rhuemys in the last 10 to 12 years. It seems none of them say the same with the exception of me having fibro or CFS. I just try to do what my body can handle and then stop when it tells me I am hurting too bad to finish what I started. There is a lot of planning in my day of what is the most important things to get done daily as the pain sometimes seems is getting worse along with the exhausting fatigue.