Ca Fires , anyone close to them?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bruin63, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

PV Lady, I hope your in a safe area.
    I have some friends that live up there in PV and we are concerned about them, mainly their lovely home.
    That can be replaced, but how devasating to lose ones home to these Fires.

Yesterday it was so hot, I got sick after a couple of min.s and I was just taking my little furball out to do his duty.
    It felt like an Oven, 102 in my area, and its still hot out.

I can see the fires from my front porch, (Im miles from it)

My lungs feel heavy, the area is covered with ashes.

I do Hope and Pray, that Everyone close to these fires are staying safe, and if anyone needs a place to stay till the fires are under control, let me know , please.

I do know that we do have members who live in the area's of the 4 fires that are ragging, and I hope they can let us know how things are with them.

Rancho Palos Verdes is one of my fav. places, there are stables up there, and when I was in High School, it was one of our fav, passion pits, lol
    Long time ago, most area's now have been built up wiith Homes, and Business.

IWhen I was healthy, and a working Photographer, that was one of my fav. place to Photograph people.
    I even had the pleasure to do Conninuity for a Short Film, it's just awful, that the fires are destroying such a wonderful, area,

La Caanda Flintridge, is another area on fire, Hemit, and also in the Los Angeles Forest,

I have to get out the face masks, breathing is heavy, I said that, sorry,

God Bless Everyone, and let us know if we can be of help.

Sincerely sharonk
  2. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I'm out in the Inland Empire, Riverside County and I can see and smell the smoke. It drifts into our valley and just hangs there, I couldn't imagine being as close to the fire as you are.

These yearly wildfires are so sad to me, such devastation to the environment. I always think of all the animals and birds that are lost, not to mention the human lives at stake.

I give MANY thanks to all the Firefighters and crews that work under these dangerous conditions. I hope everyone will be safe this time around.

I hope you can stay inside w the AC on to filter out some of the particulates floating around. Just the smell this morning made me nauseous. If you need anything, give me a yell.

Take care...Hermit
  3. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I hope everyone is safe too.

I learned from forest rangers that CA is meant to burn periodically. It's part of the ecosystem here and actually replenishes the land and opens seeds that are designed to be opened by wild fire.

Seems it's our way of living that's going against nature. The fires are normal.

4. jlwixom

jlwixom New Member

I'm in WV now and never hear the correct news for back home! I hope everyone is okay and you will all be in my prayers. I lived in RPV for high school years and went to Palos Verdes High, class of 1980. Maybe I should log in here more often! God's Blessings to all. Jeanine