Cabin fever anyone????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hazygal, Sep 4, 2003.

1. hazygal

hazygal New Member

I'm 42 and haven't gone on a vacation but once in my life... My honeymoon to S.F. This weekend i'm going to San Diego... I'm sooooo excited these walls are driving me crazy... I just know I'll feel better then and when i get back home... Anyone else with cabin fever? Itching for nature, sunshine and fun? hazygal
  2. lagm31

lagm31 New Member

Have a Great time.....yes I too know what it feels like to have CABIN FEVER. My real last vacation was in the summer of 2000 and I spent most of that sitting in a tent at a camp sight while everyone else was swimming and fishing. So I got to look at the 4 walls of that tent. Now at home I look at the walls, and I get out only to go to the Dr. and to get groceries and then I am driven by my hubby. Because this DD is affecting the eyes. In the summer I can at least go outside and sit on my front porch swing. But I really dread the thought of WINTER coming. So I to really do know what it's like to have CABIN FEVER. All we can do is hang in there and not go crazy and pull our hair out...Even though many days we feel like we are...lagm
  3. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

I'm starting to go a little buggy here. In PA, all my life, I got it in the winter. Prayed for summer so I could at least get out of the house. Now that I'm in East Texas, I have it in the summer! Can't win. The heat and humidity are brutal and it doesn't really get any better at night. It's been so long since we got out and did anything or went anywhere. This spring I made the decision that at least twice a month we'd pack a picnic & the dogs and go to one of the many free parks, Nat'l or Corp of Engineers parks or boat launch picnic grounds in the area - all free for us Sr. citizens. We went to the zoo in Lufkin once. And almost died from the heat. I am so-o-o looking forward to fall (another month, at least, here)! Any extremes of temperature bother me so much.

JoAnn