Cactus' briefly takes the stage.....any oldtimers' outthere?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cactuslil, Jul 2, 2006.

1. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

I'm fixing to dig into a brief to defend the medical necessity of lower dentures (mine were knocked out in an auto/powerchair accident when released from hospital) in the treatment of Chronic Obstructive Sleep Apnea, complicated by MVP w/regurgitation and PVCs. Not to mention narcolepsy et al.
    Thought I would cruise by and see what the latest info was for "fibro-mites" regarding pain control. I had the steroid + injections last Aug-Sept. and all it did was put 90 lbs on me so I do not want more spinal inj. I am on Enhanced Care and LongTermCare/Enhanced for pulmony and cardiac and to even think of further weight gain to me is ridulous....my case mgr. agrees and thinks increased pain med. makes more sense.
    Oh, and yes, pray that a basil cell carcimona excised and re-excised, cautery and bone scrapping will result in a non-metastacised state come tomorrow.
    First time I have really been scared. Bout' time.
    Love Cactus.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It's goooooood to see you posting. I keep you in my prayers. I often think about you and Rose and wonder how you are.

Love, Mikie
  3. spmary

spmary New Member

Gosh,Cactus...I'm so sorry about your additional problems.
    I Don't have as much pain as most on the board. Tramadol and arthotec, and lyrica seems to keep me covered. Good luck tomorrow. I pray that you get good news. Love, spMary
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

I also have chronic obstructive sleep apnea and sleep with a CPAP and oxygen.

I also had the steroid epidural spinal injections and have taken a few rounds of steroid packs. The injections did not work to help my pain, and the other dose packs didn't do much either--they were given for my lupus and not fibro.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and Hugs,
    Janet
  5. optimistic1

optimistic1 New Member

I'm probably "new" here since you have posted so we don't know each other. But, I am so sorry for what you are going through. I, like the others pray that you receive only good news tomorrow. Your life has been difficult enough.

I hope you will keep us all posted as to what you hear and I wish you the best of luck,

Arlene
  6. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I joined back in August last year. How have you been all this time? I remember that I liked you right away. I have a cactus collection, so anything cactus is fine by me. :) Good to see you again.
    (( )) Shannon
  7. Terry383

Terry383 New Member

Terry here, I have been looking for you forever, lost your email and phone number when my computer crashed. Please get in touch with Mikie or any of the other mods and they will give you my email. I can't believe you are here.

I too have apnea, and severe allergy induced asthma, but I have managed to be off all pain meds for the last 3 years, what with staying off dairy (which also helps my asthma) and nightshade foods. I also take lots of Vitamins and probotics.

Really want to get in touch with you. Love you lots and often think of you as do others from the long ago past, we often wonder about you.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/03/2006]